PDA

View Full Version : Dog scratch between rabies vaccine

anku
12-02-18, 11:12
I am taking a dose of three rabies vaccination following a dog scratch. Today, the 7th day is scheduled for the second vaccine, today I was scratched by another dog. Should I restart the vaccination or continue with it?

.Poppy.
12-02-18, 14:40
You can't get rabies from a scratch, unless somehow the dog drooled into the scratch, so I'm surprised they're giving you the vaccination anyway.

It wouldn't do any good to restart, you've already been given the shots - just keep going.

Carys
12-02-18, 14:49
Well, this makes no sense at all. You started a thread on the 10th, only a few days ago about a dog that had NOT bitten you 1 1/2 years ago and should you have the vaccine?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1764951#post1764951

Then yesterday, you said you were putting it out of your mind after all our replies.

Today, with this post on 12th, you are on the second dose of a vaccine for rabies and it is day 7 ? You are having these vaccines as a dog scratched you a few days ago, and ALSO another one scratched you today.

IF you are having the vaccine, who is giving them to you for dog scratches? and why didn't you mention them in your previous thread ?

Elen
12-02-18, 15:05
Please add this onto your previous post.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin.

Can posters please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen