PDA

View Full Version : Fear of MS or other neurological issue

Kingdawson
12-02-18, 16:32
Hi guys just wanted to post a bit about my state of mind and my issues which I'm really scared about.

So I've been suffering from HA(on and off) since 2013 but 2017 was a very bad year with one HA issue after the other. Of course with HA it leads to bouts of insomnia which finally clears up when you feel reassured that you don't have this particular illness you are concerned about.

Anyway late December I finally reassured myself that I was ok in regards to my latest health scare issue (tinnitus in left ear only audible in absolute dead silence and extremely low level). The 'tinnitus' I thought I had for months and was looking out for 24/7 suddenly vanished and I c ouldn't hear anything much to my relief (although I always questioned whether it actually was tinnitus being that I couldn't hear it when I put ear plugs on.

So anyway that was clear and I thought my sleeping issue would resolve itself but it didn't. Constantly panicky before bed , thinking I won't fall asleep etc etc. Anyway I then developed random hypnic jerks at sleep onset (which I don't remember ever having). These were random movements just when I'm about to fall asleep (usually effecting shoulders but sometimes legs And hands). The jerks are still here, they've never been intense just subtle movement but they obviously stop me from stalling asleep which then in itself becomes a battle. They've been with me now since late December and I'm literally thinking about 'how much sleep I'm going to get throughout the day. Sometimes I get decent sleep but I'm not relaxing in bed and I'm always thinking "when is this twitch going to come".

Since a week or so ago I've really had some poor sleep and developed a twitch in my right lower eyelid which is annoying. My body generally feels twitchy and I feel very panicky. I keep looking for weird feelings in my body somehow convinced I have MS. Keep going on MS forums and reading up on it constantly which only makes it worse if course. I'm just so scared.

Spoken to my doc about the sudden movements before bed and twitchy eyelid but he doesn't seem concerned at all. He says it's anxiety related but I don't know. I'm scared and feel jittery.

Elen
12-02-18, 16:36
Please post this on your previous post on the same subject.

Please read the below post from Admin.

Can posters please keep their posts to one thread

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen