PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and depression

LoraineT
12-02-18, 17:43
Hi, I am new to this forum and have learnt a lot about the symptoms I am experiencing anxiety and depression. Previously I worked as a teacher but due to a family bereavement, workplace bullying and the gas boiler catching fire. Four months ago the illness took over my life and I left my job.

I live alone and the anxiety has got worst fear and panic attacks have taken over my life and my mind plays tricks on me. Recently the doctor prescribed an antidepressant for the anxiety but I had a bad reaction to the tablet waking up shaking, my heart was racing I ended up in the hospital emergency. I used to be a confident outgoing person but this has now changed.

I joined this site so I could understand what was going on with my body and mind and share my experience. I am a worrier, I can have a panic attack just thinking about going to bed or watching TV.

Today I learnt how to manage my diet and the vitamins I should take. This site has given me hope and I look forward to discussing and learning about the illness, I now realise that I am not alone. Thank you to all who contributed to the site. :D

venusbluejeans
12-02-18, 17:49
Hiya LoraineT and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

katydid
12-02-18, 21:19
lYRICA 50MG 3 TIMES A DAY. I SWEAR TO YOU......TRY IT.

Scass
12-02-18, 21:42
Hello [emoji1309]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollow
12-02-18, 21:47
Hi Loraine,

:welcome: aboard the NMP train. A lot of people on here have stories similar to yours so we can definitely relate. The info on this site could fill up a library so I'm sure you will find the answers you're looking for.

SadieK
12-02-18, 21:58
Good luck Loraine, you can do it. Sorry you've had such a tough time recently. I've been taking probiotic tablets and multivitamins in last week or so, think it is starting to make a difference :)

LoraineT
13-02-18, 17:52
Thank you all for your kind words and support, I will definitely look into the supplements suggested.