PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety with pains

Whystlestop
12-02-18, 18:55
Hi all.

I will be turning 60 in May of this year. I have been on HRT for approx 12 years and have spend the past 2 months trying to taper off of it. I thought I was doing well.

I also have SAD, and a bit of OCD.

I went to the ER In Jan of 2015 (age 56) with chest pains. Over the course of some 3-4 days, it was determined that I must've had a stomach/acid problem. I was put on an EKG, enzyme blood draws were normal, given a stress test that was inconclusive, and had an angiogram where I was pronounced 'clean and green.' At a follow up visit, the cardiologist stated that my high HDL was very protective and that I was unlikely to develop heart disease as long as my HDL remained high.

I have again developed chest pains, my husband is at work, and I really don't want to go to the ER since there is a lack of beds and flu virus going around. A close friend of mine that HAD the flu shot, developed the flu after being in the hospital with her son and daughter in law that was giving birth to her grandson.

In 10 minutes I'm going to try to see if my regular doc will see me concerning my anxiety, but I'm afraid if I bring up the chest pains, he will say for me to go to the ER. Again.

Hopefully by then my husband will be on his way home from work, and can take me, if necessary.

I would like/need to be able to live with my anxiety and not feel that I should go to the ER each time I have chest pains.

venusbluejeans
12-02-18, 19:06
Hiya Whystlestop and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
14-02-18, 12:50
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.