PDA

View Full Version : Hi

PaulaRubyLove
05-07-07, 08:01
Hi everyone!
I don't really know where to start...ok, I'm 20, I live in Australia, and my name is Jacqui.
I guess I first started having problems when I was about 5- separation anxiety, which I went through counselling for, and then I was ok. I always had trouble on and off, but I could live with it. Then last year, things got really bad again and I was re-diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I have a lot of Health Anxiety, and some other specific phobias on and off. I feel a bit silly because there are fears and worries I've lived with for years, and only just realised these are not "normal" and maybe it doesn't have to be that way. I also have depression, and possibly OCD (it runs in my family, and I have some symptoms, but haven't been officially diagnosed with OCD.)
I only started treatment a few weeks ago, my Doctor put me on anti depressants (Lexapro at the moment, but she's changed it a few times) and she's making me do relaxation tapes (which I don't like) and when I'm thinking more clearly she wants me to go back to my psychologist.
I'm very lucky to have amazingly supportive family and friends through all this, but some of them don't really understand because they haven't been through it. Which is why I did a search online and found this website.

nanny
05-07-07, 08:46
HI to you

welcome to NMP :)

I've not been a member very long myself, but there are so many friendly people on here who really help.
Hope you find the support you need :hugs:

manmoor
05-07-07, 12:26
Hi Jacqui,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
05-07-07, 13:54
Hello Jacqui :welcome:to you!

We're all in the same boat here so you'll get plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
05-07-07, 17:24
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to NMP. I too have had anxiety all my life and just thought it was me so I think if you do indeed have it all your life it is the way you think it should be. You will find many who feel like you do and will find support.

Laura

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 17:57
Hi Jacqui

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
05-07-07, 19:31
Hi Jacqui, Welocme To The Site Hope It Helps.
Wish Ya The Best.....linda

nomorepanic
05-07-07, 19:46
Hi Jacqui

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you will meet some fab people here.

PaulaRubyLove
06-07-07, 00:03
Aw thanks, you guys are all so nice! It's good to know we're all not alone.

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 12:01
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx