PDA

View Full Version : Dry mouth and thirst

sarahblonde32
13-02-18, 10:53
I assume its just anxiety but does anyone have a dry mouth and a thirst alot? I carry water with me all the time and i always seem to have a dry mouth feeling. I use tictacs but doesn't always help. Any tips or solutions?!
Sarah

bulan
14-04-18, 22:06
I assume its just anxiety but does anyone have a dry mouth and a thirst alot? I carry water with me all the time and i always seem to have a dry mouth feeling. I use tictacs but doesn't always help. Any tips or solutions?!
Sarah
Hi Sarah,

I have that at the moment, and I figured out that it could be caused by a couple things... I've let myself become dehydrated lately, and I read that in some people it takes electrolytes––not just water––to rehydrate properly. I'm also taking some new herbs that act as a diuretic, and dry mouth is a side effect of them as well. So I've been drinking things like bone broth and coconut water, and there are other ways of getting electrolytes as well, if you're interested.

Have you had a period of time where you didn't drink as much fluid as you needed? Or are you on any supplements or medications that might cause dry mouth or thirst as a side effect?