PDA

View Full Version : Sound Equaliser On Windows?

Bigboyuk
13-02-18, 12:06
Hi I would have thought on Windows Devices (including the Intel Compute Stick) There would be some built in Equaliser to adjust various frequencies like base,midrange and treble if so where do I find it I already have a sound bar connected to my tv and it has 3 equaliser settings so not many really and is preset and not adjustable like a equaliser so any ideas folks? TIA :) ATB

MyNameIsTerry
13-02-18, 16:16
Dave, go into Control Panel and you can look at your sounds settings in the relevant menu (you will see something like "sound settings").

Windows is pretty basic with sound but you will probably find you had a bundled sound programme that works with your sound card. Find that in your programs and have a look what it can.

If not, I would imagine it will be easy enough to find some freeware to do this but obviously check out the compatibility & drivers issue first.

Bigboyuk
13-02-18, 16:28
Ok Terry I would think there would be settings to alter certain frequencies there is on my Android (old phone) so there is bound to be something, if not I know there is settings on my tv to do this but would need to unplug the sound bar as tv speaker enhancements can only be done when sound is coming from the tv speaker and not the sound bar thx ATB

MyNameIsTerry
13-02-18, 16:42
It might be limited to what it can do with it being a stick as it's more the attached devices that need altering I would imagine. If your settings show them then a programme should be able to alter things but it does also depend on the device itself as I suspect many may need it to be adjusted on the device rather than through an attached PC.

It's not something I ever do so I'm limited on it. There should be some articles out there about stuff like this though.

I have used headphones attached via Bluetooth sender/receivers before and found some of the adjustments can be made on either side to improve sound but not via one device controlling the other so I'm betting it will be about how compatible your TV & soundbar is with Windows.

Bigboyuk
13-02-18, 16:57
Yes absolutely Terry the sound bar is not connected to the device only the tv would prefer to still use it though as it's pretty powerful compare to the Tv speakers. The sound bar is 40 watts RMS LOL I will have a look and see in the control panel on the device and see if there is some sort of equaliser mode Thx again :) ATB