PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness while driving

eric416
13-02-18, 16:51
Anyone else get really breathless when they're driving and they hit a bump or driving on a rough road? Like the little bumps mess up your breathing pattern and you start panicking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacman777
14-03-18, 14:50
For some reason I just started having this too. But not when I hit a bump, it's every time I get in a car and have to drive 20 minutes or more! Usually I get pretty close to a full blown panic attack. With the sweaty palms, tingly hands and breathlessness/racing heart. I want to get over this because I have a 12 hour drive coming up in June

mcarunnie
15-03-18, 01:56
I have the same experience. When I'm going in car and as soon as I hit road bump, I can't breathe and some chest pain. All my lung and heart tests were normal. Wondering why this is happening.

cattia
15-03-18, 05:39
I get panic attacks while driving too, it's horrible. Mine are not connected to hitting a bump but I'm scared to drive on the motorway because of them.

Scass
15-03-18, 07:52
Sometimes when I’m driving on a motorway at night I notice that I’m so tense and gripping the steering wheel really hard! That’s when I try and centre myself with breathing, it’s honestly the best response.
Also I find something to sing along to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkyMark88
15-03-18, 13:00
This has happened to me a few times. In fact just this past Monday. My commute to work is just before sunrise and I've wondered if it's the weird lighting I experience with it still semi dark out and other cars headlights a tail lights constantly whizzing by mixed with the motion of the vehicle. Perhaps it's a form of motion sickness. But it's only during the morning commute when I experience this. For me maybe the morning commute is a type of trigger that causes those sensations.