PDA

View Full Version : Chest X Ray Results

steph25
13-02-18, 23:19
I had a chest x ray for a chronic cough and it's come back and my lungs are enlarged and they think I have asthma but they also found something else and it's really odd.

My doctor asked me if I've ever had surgery on my spine and I said no, he then asked if I had a piercing in my back and no I hadn't and if I had ever swallowed something I shouldn't have and no I haven't for that too. It turns out the x ray showed up a foreign object in the middle of my back by my spine. I don't have a clue what it is and my doctor isn't worried about it, he says it's nothing serious and they aren't worried about it. But of course I am worrying about it, surely I would have known if I had swallowed something or if something had gone into my back.

I didn't have my bra on when I had the x ray and I'm now really worried. He said not to worry and really didn't seem bothered. He didn't want to send me for another x ray so soon after the other one and he said maybe one day if I need another one they'll see what it is.

I did have an x ray a year earlier and that came back all clear and they made no mention of it again.

It's really odd.

Edit: I forgot to say that it's a thin object and it looks like my spine has been pinned or I've had a piercing there

nomorepanic
13-02-18, 23:21
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

steph25
13-02-18, 23:29
Sorry, I hadn't realised this thread was even here!