PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tamiflu

Weasley123
14-02-18, 15:50
I知 not panicking but I was just diagnosed with flu. I have been achey and not right since Sunday but today I had a low fever 100.4. I wouldn稚 have gone to dr but my job I知 a teacher requires a drs nite for more then one self treated day. They did a test said flu. Likely mild case cause I have the shot. They prescribed tammifku im debating taking it cause the doc says 50% 0f the time it causes vomiting and severe headaches worse then what I have now. I知 thinking I can rahd it and stop if that occurs but I知 also debating just self treating

ktdid2000
14-02-18, 16:12
I had the flu about 4 weeks ago (diagnosed and confirmed) and was also prescribed Tamiflu.

I ultimately decided to tough it out. It went down into my chest though and I ended up with bronchitis and am still coughing occasionally. I have a feeling I would have gotten better faster with the Tamiflu, but who knows. Toughing it out sucked, but you eventually get over it.

LOTS of self-care needed though! I was on the couch for a week. :(

Weasley123
14-02-18, 16:51
Well I took it I really don’t feel too ax but I took it

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

I meant bad not ax I’m hoping I’ll recover by Sunday I’m on vacatyib

Ethansmom
14-02-18, 18:06
My 7 year old just got over a bad case of the flu. I never gave him the Tamiflu. He has recovered but is left with a bad, bad, hacking cough. I'm sure i got the flu while i was taking care of him! I'm just super tired!

Weasley123
14-02-18, 19:02
I took a dose of Tamifl Mo side effects yet maybe try it

ColdHands
15-02-18, 00:19
I have been worn out, stuffed up head, sneezing, headache (though its gone now), and just can't seem to get enough sleep. My temp goes up to 99.0 or so (but I don't have a thyroid so my base temp is usually 97 or so. Everyone keeps telling me to go to the doctor, because we literally are having 65 plus a day diagnosed here. But I not sure about the tamiflu either...

Weasley123
15-02-18, 01:31
Well I think it can’t hurt too much may help. Dr said I could stop if I had side effects

Weasley123
15-02-18, 11:13
I’ve just taken my third dose. No side effects. I take it with food. I’m already feeling better but I may have had s mild case. I wish I’d gone in sooner and started it earlier to be honest. I’d be all better I bet. I think this is s good example that drug scares can be overexagerated