PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

blox123
14-02-18, 16:20
It feels like I go in circles.. for a few weeks i had an existential crisis, then I went on to thinking my partner was going to cheat on me or leave me for somebody else.. then it’s that I had a brain tumour and I feel like it just goes round in circles, before all that I thought I had a heart condition. I just want even a few weeks where I am completely relaxed and not worrying about anything!! X

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

I also find things set me off like if I’m reading the need paper and I read that a celeb has been cheated on or something then that will start me off onto a cycle of anxiety about my partner cheating.. I had to delete social media because I was worrying about something new every other week x

Blonde123
14-02-18, 17:57
Yes it’s not fun. I hate having health anxiety

watercolors
14-02-18, 18:29
This is my life. One worry to another. I would love to have one day without worry. I used to have moments without worry and I cherished those moments. Now the anxiety is always there.

kelly135
14-02-18, 18:58
I also feel like I go from one worry to the next, that there is always something that needs my attention and I can't relax. I would like to just turn. it. off.

Fishmanpa
14-02-18, 19:43
One look at thread histories of many members will show that. Some fixate on one fear (heart, cancer, etc.) and others are all over the place. It's like every niggle is a deadly illness :huh:

Positive thoughts

Scass
14-02-18, 20:15
Absolutely. One worry goes because another takes its place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxiousForever
14-02-18, 21:32
Yes.

It's as if my mind needs something to worry about. I even notice the anxieties overlapping. I have one predominate concern and then something else is minor, in the background, easy to ignore. However as the main concern eases the background concern comes to the forefront until it's dominating my life.

And yes the 'triggers' is a thing I've noticed too. You can go for months without a particular concern and then a news story rams it home. '[my gender] aged [my age] dies of sudden [health anxiety here]' and then I am off again. In those cases I try to find a rationalisation into how they're not me so that I can dismiss it.

I often wonder if that's what we're always looking for, the reason why we don't have the thing we worry we have.

Simone01
15-02-18, 03:28
Yes I do too! Family go mad at me! Wish I could help it!

Bigboyuk
15-02-18, 09:55
What I see in this thread is picture of this is awful, had enough of feeling like this, just to get a few weeks with out feeling like this would be great! So yes you have my empathy, but have any of you seriously got help to address your HA?? ATB

ana
15-02-18, 10:31
That's how I feel, too. There's always something to worry about! :wacko:

mjh74
15-02-18, 22:34
Yeap, I'm in this cycle of worry constantly. It can change from one day to the next.... or if I'm lucky, one worry will last for a week or two until the next appears. :wall:

watercolors
16-02-18, 13:44
In response to bigboyuk , I am on an anti depressant and in therapy. I appreciate your candid post because it made me realize I can do more. I can exercise regularly. I can try meditation, etc. It does get so exhausting fighting this constant anxiety that I sit back sometimes and feel sorry for myself.

Bigboyuk
16-02-18, 15:15
Thx Watercolors well tbh you are doing something proactive which is always good and no that wasn't why asked but yes we all can do more rather just sit on our symptoms and say well Iam exactly the same that only reassures oneself that you aren't alone it doesn't fix the problem so kudos to you for tackling your problems it takes time but recovery is always in sight :) ATB

Justabout
18-02-18, 19:54
I have been practising mindfulness since my last really bad period at Christmas. This has helped a lot especially when I get chance to meditate as well. I realise this approach isn't necessarily for everyone but I know in my heart of hearts that long-term if I keep practising it will be my salvation from crippling anxiety.

The key is to recognise that what our mind thinks isn't reality. In fact our mind can be cruel and sadistic and enjoys punishing us with one worry after another.

However, if we become aware of this fact and accept how we feel without reacting to the thoughts and simply focus on the right here right now (not the past or the future) we can find peace. Well it works for me most of the time :)

Easier said than done, though, I appreciate which is why for me it is a journey and I need to keep practising. Today I have not been able to do this and have suffered. However, I will get up again tomorrow and try and keep focusing on what is right in front me.

Hope this helps a little. Best wishes in the meantime and know that the storm clouds will pass.

AntsyVee
18-02-18, 20:37
Welcome to GAD :welcome: It's one worry after another.

Medication, journaling and daily exercise have helped me not to dwell on a lot of my worries. I highly recommend them.