PDA

View Full Version : Help health anxiety or more serious

Debz301080
14-02-18, 17:10
Hi I’m new here and for many many years I’ve been told I have anxiety and I’ve had some new symptoms lately numb tongue left side of my lip and tingling down left arm and dizziness I’ve been to the doctors and they have said they can’t find anything wrong I was wondering what your symptoms are and how long they last as I’m very very worried 🙂

Fishmanpa
14-02-18, 17:58
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

Halle0587
15-02-18, 00:46
I have tingling/numbness in my left arm and cheek as a physical symptom. Sometimes I get left shoulder pain for a few days, left neck pain also. Most recently left jaw pain one day, then the next it was both sides. All anxiety. I’ve read the symptoms (the red links at the top of the forum page) and they are all there. I had a physical and for my postpartum baby weight still hanging around the middle, every lab came back beautifully. I’m healthy, just need to lose the baby weight. My heart is good. I keep telling myself that. It’s just anxiety. I won’t lie, I fully panicked over the jaw thinking there is no way and I’m missing heart attack symptoms. February being heart month there are a lot of advertisements for random symptoms being heart attacks, that just fuels the fire.
I spent less time where I would hear advertisements. Started walking and yoga more. Made sure I was eating good proteins-I wasn’t hungry so I wasn’t eating much and I just spiraled downward. Then started meditating, day 14 of that. I’m going to bed a little earlier and using the Calm app for sleep stories to calm me while I’m settling into bed. Distraction, while it’s hard sometimes, is he best way. A good book, a favorite non caffeinated beverage (caffeine and sweets make things worse), and you’re favorite cozy spot, that’s my favorite distraction. Movies are good too, lunch or dinner with friends, group exercise activities, crafting, etc. When your mind wonders to your anxiety or a symptom, acknowledge the thought by saying “It’s my anxiety and I’m okay.” Then get right back to what you were doing. Give yourself grace and be gentle with yourself. It’s okay to panic and to be afraid, we’re all hear learning tips an tricks to manage it.

Hey, I replied to you on another thread so I just copied it here.