PDA

View Full Version : Need help terrified of having a breakdown!!

ariel88
14-02-18, 21:23
Hi all,

I've been suffering with a bout of anxiety for about 3 months which is getting increasingly worse and worse and is mainly caused by work stress. I can't leave my job because I have financial commitments....

I feel nauseous all the time, feel like I can't take a deep breath, I'm cold all the time and my digestion is just terrible. I'm tired all the time even though I sleep at least 7.5 hours every night.

Psychologically I'm either wired and irritable feeling stressed out of my mind or numb/really sad and pretty much mute.

I'm so worried I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and I'm also scared of taking medication because of potential side effects. I'm in a mess, I feel stuck and I don't feel like myself.

I've talked to my boss (not to extremes above) and she is putting things in place to help long term but each day is a living nightmare at the moment.

I used to meditate and do yoga/go to the gym 4 times a week but I can't even do that anymore I just come home and sit on my phone trying to distract myself.

How can I get out of this rut? Literally any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxiousForever
14-02-18, 21:37
Are you sure it's work stress? I have found my normal work stress is made so much worse by the fact that I am anxious about other things.

As for how to get out of the rut can I recommend walking? If you live near/in a major city just walk around the city discovering new things, stop for a coffee, look in some shops and just keep walking for several hours. That helps me. If not in a city then in a park. Bring your phone and listen to podcasts and/or music. All of this together takes your mind of things and helps calm you down. At least for me does.

Or you could try an app like Headspace. Some people find the mediation stuff works.