PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance about health anxiety kidney fears

MJunderway
15-02-18, 15:11
Hello!

Long time reader, recent poster (female problems). I have had HA since I was a young child. It goes in and out of control and I've been working on eliminating it for some time (therapy, mindfulness). I recently stopped my emotional eating and without the self-soothing of food, my HA has been coming back in full force.

I work with an acupuncturist and she's been great with her treatments for both physical and emotional issues. She just gave me a new batch of herbs to help me process these strong emotions better. I started getting dizzy around the time I started taking them (it's not directly related as far as I can tell) but my HA is starting to kick in and I started thinking that the dizziness was related to the herbs and that my kidneys are failing. I know that's a huge leap of thought but as I'm sure many of you know HA can do that quite easily. It didn't help that I read about a woman who got a bad batch of TCM herbs from a sketchy acupuncturist and her kidneys failed because the herbs were tainted.

Anyway, my question is wouldn't I have more acute signs that my kidneys were failing other than just dizziness, which could be related to 100 other things? Thank you for any reassurance!!

Fishmanpa
15-02-18, 15:23
I know that's a huge leap of thought but as I'm sure many of you know HA can do that quite easily.

I think you just reassured yourself ;)

Positive thoughts

MJunderway
15-02-18, 17:59
Thank you! Still struggling but trying to work towards being ok. I may set up an appt to speak with my acu and share my fears with her. I appreciate your response!

MJunderway
03-03-18, 00:29
So, it turned out it was due to a larger panic attack and not that my kidneys were failing. Just wanted to come back to the thread to share the update. I'm dealing with a random ovary pain, so I'm off to the female problems board!