PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and nauseous

nhelen79
15-02-18, 23:40
hi all,
it's been 2-3 days that i have mild but almost constant light dizziness/off balance and nauseous (not to the point of vomiting). I might have dehydration by not drink enough water. Or maybe because I didn't have enough sleep (6hrs everyday) for the past 3-4 days. I had similar spell like this last year for a few days too. About 1.5 months ago, i went to the doctor for BVP and she gave some neuro checks like balance tests/look into the eye lids. No other tests/scanning was done, and the BVP went away after a few days.

this time, I'm not jumping to brain tumor scare yet but this weird feeling of off-balance kinda worry me. I"m trying to drink more water this weekend and sleep more, but in the back of my mind, that terrible term "brain tumor" is lurking. I have a bunch of generic annual blood tests coming up, and i'm wondering if i shall ask my GP for a scan? that sounds like I'm jumping the gun right?

thanks
Hanh

Justus
16-02-18, 16:54
I don't know what BVP is, but are you planning to request a full scan every time you feel a little dizzy from now on?

anxious848
17-02-18, 05:45
Are you getting the spins or just a lightheaded sensation?

Did the doc diagnose you with BVP and give you the maneuver they suggest to resolve it? If yes and it didn't help it's not bvp. There are so many causes of vertigo that are not serious. It often resolves on its own over time. A neuro check will show if something is out of sorts. You should take comfort in that unless your symptoms progress but I'm sure they'll go back to normal soon enough

nhelen79
18-02-18, 22:24
I mean I experienced BVP and was diagnosed with it a few months back. It went away.
This time is just the lightheaded sensation mostly when walking. I’m feeling like I’m kinda out of it but not to the point of calling it dizzy. I was also feeling sleepy most of the time yesterday. I’m going to the doctor tomorrow. Anxiety doesn’t help. Thanks all. Wish me luck.

nhelen79
19-02-18, 23:03
Now doctor wants me to do CBC blood tests and I’m getting scared waiting for the results in a day

Annaboodle
20-02-18, 10:54
Hi. I get a lightheaded sensation a lot. I notice it when I'm out walking so logically I know if it's only happening in certain situations it's my anxiety playing up. Bright light seems to make my anxiety worse sometimes (indoor strip lighting is the worst). Sounds stupid but if I put sunglasses on it calms down. I also get a mild nauseous feeling if I have anything caffeinated on an empty stomach or if I don't eat small meals regularly. The amount of sleep you're having would be enough to explain the sleepy feeling. What I'm getting at is consider the simplest possible causes first. In my view it is a massive leap that only a fellow HA sufferer would make to ask for a scan. Hope you're feeling a bit better. Post to update if you get a chance after your bloods, but try not to worry as it's standard for doctors to do them.

nhelen79
20-02-18, 18:43
thanks Annaboodle. Waiting for the blood results are making me anxious. physically, I'm feeling fine right now.