PDA

View Full Version : Throat bumps. Scared

Gmusic
16-02-18, 02:27
Hello,
For the past six months I have had white bumps in the back of my throat. I often get sore throats as well. I’m an 18 year old female and I have lupus. I got these checked out a few months ago and the doctor said everything was fine and dismissed it. But they are still here. I am so scared. Could it be cancer? An STD (although I’m a virgin)? Or just a side effect of lupus? Please help I’m very scared. Thank you so much

Pandarug
16-02-18, 02:31
A bunch of bumps in the back of the throat? Sounds like cobblestone throat, it’s 100% harmless and is caused by reflux or dryness or something along those lines.

Gmusic
16-02-18, 13:05
Thank you for your reply. I’m always convinced that I have some sort of disease. And it’s even scarier when I have visible symptoms.

Loggie05
16-02-18, 13:19
Sounds a bit like tonsil stones. They are harmless but can cause really bad breath. At 18 years old throat cancer would be near on impossible. Please try not to panic. I'm sure u can get a tool to remove them x

Blue23Blent
10-09-18, 18:54
Thank you for your reply. I’m always convinced that I have some sort of disease. And it’s even scarier when I have visible symptoms.

How's your symptoms?

Fishmanpa
10-09-18, 19:10
This thread is from February. I would imagine they've resolved as the OP was last on in June.

Positive thoughts

Gmusic
06-10-18, 16:21
I actually still have these bumps in my throat. I’ve had them for almost two years now. Kinda scared. Maybe it’s just a chronic thing that I live with. I do have lupus. I just had a doctor appointment with a full CBC and my doc said that my results came back better than they have ever been. So I would doubt it’s cancer or something as that would most likely show up in some form on a blood test. I’d still love some reassurance? Any thoughts?

Fishmanpa
06-10-18, 16:37
What better reassurance can you get outside of your doctor and test results? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Gmusic
06-10-18, 16:54
You are right. I guess it just kind of freaks me out that they have been there so long. Do you think if it was cancer or something very serious it would show up on a blood test after two year?

Fishmanpa
06-10-18, 17:06
You are right. I guess it just kind of freaks me out that they have been there so long. Do you think if it was cancer or something very serious it would show up on a blood test after two year?

The real question is... Do you? (that's a 'yes' or 'no' answer ;))

Positive thoughts

Gmusic
06-10-18, 17:32
I don’t know. I’m pretty scared now.

Blue23Blent
18-10-18, 02:53
Im pretty sure after two years if it was cancer you’d know it. You’d probably know it after the first month hopefully. I’ve had cobblestones throat for months now as well. Going on 3 months.

Gmusic
30-10-18, 22:20
Hi! So I posted about this problem and fear a while back but I’m still having problems. So I’m 19 year old female and I have lupus. I have these pumps in the back of my throat and I’ll get a sore throat for a few days each month. I’ve had these bumps for a year and half now and they’ve never gone away! My right tonsil is always inflamed and has been for a year. I’m so so scared this is throat cancer. I had an appointment with my doctor a month ago and we did blood test which came back better than they have been in two years. I’m still convinced it’s cancer though because it’s such a mystery. Please help!!

lofwyr
30-10-18, 22:37
You may well just have tonsilitis and need them removed. It is extremely common, and not very serious at all. You should see a GP about it, though. These bumps would have grown if they were cancer. As often pointed out on here, cancer, by definition, is uncontrolled cell reproduction. If they aren't growing and aren't changing, they aren't cancer. Period.

Also, what about tonsil stones?

nomorepanic
30-10-18, 23:17
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Gmusic
30-10-18, 23:36
Thank you so much. I don’t believe they have grown. I’m just really scared about it. I’ve never drank or smoked but I’ve convinced myslef it’s cancer and the stress is just killing me.

Gmusic
31-10-18, 22:05
Anyone else have any other thoughts?

AMomentofClarity
31-10-18, 22:08

9 months and 2 pages of replies isn’t enough?

Fishmanpa
31-10-18, 22:23

Gmusic... Please seek out real life professional help for your anxiety. As someone who has dealt with real health issues, to see what I consider a child suffering for no reason is heart breaking :weep:

As Clarity stated... What else can be said? :shrug:

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts