PDA

View Full Version : where are you from?

BikerMatt
16-02-18, 16:45
Just curious as to what neck of the woods people are in?

I'm in East Sussex, i don't like it, but i'm next to the sea which i do like.

Phuzella
16-02-18, 17:03
Lucky you next to the sea :). I'm in Northamptonshire nowhere near the sea :D

MyNameIsTerry
16-02-18, 17:41
Staffs, more specifically the home of the oatcake, the spitfire, Malcolm off Watching and the captain of the Titanic. Even more specifically, I'm near where one of the most violent riots in the Industrial Revolution took place which locals seemed to reenact at chucking out time quite frequently :biggrin:

Magic
16-02-18, 18:51
Stoke, Staffordshire, Not far from Robbie William's home town.

Phil Taylor -Darts. Gordon Banks, Goal Keeper 1966 England world cup.

and Me:)

Fishmanpa
16-02-18, 19:09
Shenandoah Valley in Virginia :)

It truly is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

https://q8rkuwu1ti4vaqw33x41zocd-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/education/files/2015/07/Screen-Shot-2015-07-10-at-10.38.26-AM.png

Positive thoughts

Hollow
16-02-18, 19:37
Wow, that's some serious scenery right there.

Buster70
16-02-18, 20:06
Pretty sure im from a different planet to you lot but I call Nottingham home ( Robin Hood county ) I'd rather be near the coast but it's called the midlands for reason right in the middle no sea in sight .
Magic , Ive been to stoke twice ( longton to be exact ) I was sixteen going to a punk gig but instead I got drunk on the train and got put straight off the train into a cell for the night and back on the first train out in the morning , the second time was going back with my dad on the Monday to court for being drunk and disorderly and swearing on a train , the funny part was hearing a solicitor say the words to frigging in the rigging by the sex pistols which is what I was singing on said train , they did say don't come back so I haven't , happy days .:roflmao:

BikerMatt
16-02-18, 20:21
Lucky you next to the sea :). I'm in Northamptonshire nowhere near the sea :D

Yes it's really nice living by the sea. We have a lovely seafront and i sea fish also. I lived within throwing distance of the seafront but had to move as the seagulls drove me mad! They sqauwked 24/7!

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Shenandoah Valley in Virginia :)

It truly is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

https://q8rkuwu1ti4vaqw33x41zocd-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/education/files/2015/07/Screen-Shot-2015-07-10-at-10.38.26-AM.png

Positive thoughts

That's rather nice! It kinda reminds me of Scotland in the summer.

Carys
16-02-18, 20:35
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Ha ha ! That's quite an old one, but I SO like it....excellent... :D:D:D

LunaLiuna
16-02-18, 20:52
I’m a short drive from Exeter in Devon (UK) :)

Catherine S
16-02-18, 21:21
I come from Liverpool origionally, but lived in the midlands until I met my other half in 2006, then lived in Germany until last year. Now live near my old mom and one of my sons, on the North Wales coast within the Snowdonia National Park :)

Magic
16-02-18, 22:27
Pretty sure im from a different planet to you lot but I call Nottingham home ( Robin Hood county ) I'd rather be near the coast but it's called the midlands for reason right in the middle no sea in sight .
Magic , Ive been to stoke twice ( longton to be exact ) I was sixteen going to a punk gig but instead I got drunk on the train and got put straight off the train into a cell for the night and back on the first train out in the morning , the second time was going back with my dad on the Monday to court for being drunk and disorderly and swearing on a train , the funny part was hearing a solicitor say the words to frigging in the rigging by the sex pistols which is what I was singing on said train , they did say don't come back so I haven't , happy days .:roflmao:

Just had to smile about your visit to the cells.My daughter was Punk and loved The sex pistols. Bet you did not feel all that good the next day.
Your poor Dad. I bet he wasn't laughing at the time:unsure: x

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

What a beautiful place where Fishman lives.

Catherine I love Liverpool. Also North Wales and Snowdonia. Been there many times. Not to far for a holiday. From Stoke x

BikerMatt
16-02-18, 22:49
I’m a short drive from Exeter in Devon (UK) :)

Nice down that way LunaLiuna:)

Catherine S
16-02-18, 23:04
During the years when my hubby was having to move around the UK with his job, we were sent to Devon...to Brixham, such a beautiful place, and just how it was depicted on the telly in the series called Fish Town. It definitely compensated us for having to move yet again.

Magic...we love that we've been able to move from Germany to this beautiful part of Wales, and here we will be staying :)

Cath x

Noivous
17-02-18, 08:54
I live and work in both Boston and New York City - The north east part of the US.

Next time you're in the neighborhood stop in.:D

N.

WiseMonkey
17-02-18, 09:21
Born in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England then migrated to Auckland, New Zealand when I was 7 in 1964.

We sailed on the SS Oriana, through the Suez Canal, it took six weeks to get there. When I arrived in New Zealand, I thought I'd landed in paradise, it was so sunny and the colours so bright.

It's Maori name is Aotearoa which means 'Land of the Long White Cloud.' It's truly one of the most beautiful countries in the world :)

GiovanniNL
17-02-18, 11:29
I live in The Netherlands near the beautiful city of Groningen :).

BikerMatt
17-02-18, 18:42
Staffs, more specifically the home of the oatcake, the spitfire, Malcolm off Watching and the captain of the Titanic. Even more specifically, I'm near where one of the most violent riots in the Industrial Revolution took place which locals seemed to reenact at chucking out time quite frequently :biggrin:

Plastic glasses in all the pubs?

Thanks for not bringing up that fake singer bloke from Stoke!

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Nice! Oh and i've now got a place to stay when i go to Assen:shades:

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-18, 05:18

They used to on bank holidays. Probably only in the worst places now.

Fake singer? Could he be described as "that fat singer from Take That" by a certain Gallagher brother? :winks:

To add to Magic's list - Sir Stanley Matthews! All time greatest. :yesyes:

ServerError
18-02-18, 14:39
I was born in Liverpool and lived in the Mossley Hill district in the south of the city until I was three. Then we moved to Formby, a pleasant town on the coast between Liverpool and Southport.

Formby is notable for its native red squirrels and as the inspiration behind George Formby's stage name. It also has some of the highest property prices in the north of England, with a millionaires' row populated mainly by Premier League footballers and other local celebrities and the wealthy. In my time I've spotted or encountered an array of famous faces about town, including Steven Gerrard, John Parrott, Wayne and Coleen Rooney, Alan Shearer, Phil Neville, Howard Kendall, David Unsworth, Ricky Lambert and others I can't think of right now. In actual fact, I saw Ricky Lambert walking his dog the other day. Most of those names won't mean much to you if you're not British or don't follow sport!

I went to university in Lancaster for four years, then moved back to Formby. At the age of 28 in 2013 I went to live in the gorgeous little town of Castres in the south of France, but that only lasted five months before the company I was working for moved us all to Belfast. We were disappointed at the time, but I ended up having a great two years in Northern Ireland, before moving to London in 2015. I was enjoying life in London until my breakdown two years ago, and now I'm back living with my parents in Formby.

It's a nice enough place to live, but I just want to get my life back on track so I can have my own place again and live my own life. Everything's been on hold for two years now.

Magic
18-02-18, 18:17
I was born in Liverpool and lived in the Mossley Hill district in the south of the city until I was three. Then we moved to Formby, a pleasant town on the coast between Liverpool and Southport.

Formby is notable for its native red squirrels and as the inspiration behind George Formby's stage name. It also has some of the highest property prices in the north of England, with a millionaires' row populated mainly by Premier League footballers and other local celebrities and the wealthy. In my time I've spotted or encountered an array of famous faces about town, including Steven Gerrard, John Parrott, Wayne and Coleen Rooney, Alan Shearer, Phil Neville, Howard Kendall, David Unsworth, Ricky Lambert and others I can't think of right now. In actual fact, I saw Ricky Lambert walking his dog the other day. Most of those names won't mean much to you if you're not British or don't follow sport!

I went to university in Lancaster for four years, then moved back to Formby. At the age of 28 in 2013 I went to live in the gorgeous little town of Castres in the south of France, but that only lasted five months before the company I was working for moved us all to Belfast. We were disappointed at the time, but I ended up having a great two years in Northern Ireland, before moving to London in 2015. I was enjoying life in London until my breakdown two years ago, and now I'm back living with my parents in Formby.

It's a nice enough place to live, but I just want to get my life back on track so I can have my own place again and live my own life. Everything's been on hold for two years now.

You have been about quite a bit SE. I hope you go on alright and get your life back on track xxx

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

They used to on bank holidays. Probably only in the worst places now.

Fake singer? Could he be described as "that fat singer from Take That" by a certain Gallagher brother? :winks:

To add to Magic's list - Sir Stanley Matthews! All time greatest. :yesyes:

Oh I forgot about Sir Stanley Mathews. Pity he left his wife and children for the love of his life:shades:

I like Liam Gallagher, he is alright. So is the singer Robbie Williams.
Why do people call him Fat???:shrug:

Scass
18-02-18, 20:14

I spent a lovely weekend in Groningen many years ago . Beautiful part of the world & such friendly peoples. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

I live in South East London. David Bowie was from around here, and Kate Bush.
I do like being so close to London. Not that I go there much, but I loved working there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiovanniNL
19-02-18, 09:17

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Nice! Oh and i've now got a place to stay when i go to Assen:shades:

TT Assen :D! Assen is nice, but Groningen is the city I love. I hope that I get a small apartment soon.

Bigboyuk
19-02-18, 09:56
Stoke for over 12 years The home of fine pottery and Joshuah Wedgewood, Bottle Kilns unique to Stoke, pikelets and oatcakes mmm, lived in may uk cities, but loved north wales Dolgellua near Abermawr (Barmouth) which was the best by far How ever there is some very nice scenery in staffs too like the beautiful Churnet Valley and the Churnet Valley Railway (CVR)which winds it's self through the beautiful scenery ;) Fancy a cuppa and chat then drop me a message ATB

mezzaninedoor
19-02-18, 16:38
United Kingdom of Norfolk
;)

Lola-Lee
28-02-18, 08:07
Originally Sydney,now Queensland but have lived in Bali,Hong Kong and Tel Aviv, I lived in these places with my ******* ex husband.

mezzaninedoor
28-02-18, 11:23
United Kingdom of Norfolk
;)

Ive not had much of an exciting previous existance, have lived in Cambridge & Hatfield in the past

Buster70
28-02-18, 11:34
Originally Sydney,now Queensland but have lived in Bali,Hong Kong and Tel Aviv, I lived in these places with my ******* ex husband.

My old man wanted to move us to Australia in the late seventies ,his mates went but mother wouldn't leave her family , who knows if we had moved I could have been in a shallow grave in the outback by now :roflmao: I'd probably have melted anyway above 25 and I'm out , minus four here today not counting the wind chill , this is the view from my unheated workshop , not much getting done with my frozen fingers .

meant2live
28-02-18, 13:22
I'm from the eastern side of Ohio. It's about an hour's drive from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Bigboyuk
28-02-18, 13:30
My old man wanted to move us to Australia in the late seventies ,his mates went but mother wouldn't leave her family , who knows if we had moved I could have been in a shallow grave in the outback by now :roflmao: I'd probably have melted anyway above 25 and I'm out , minus four here today not counting the wind chill , this is the view from my unheated workshop , not much getting done with my frozen fingers . Looks really cold where you are Buster is that the river or canal? Surprised you don't have one of those cast iron heaters with a metal chimney going through the roof of your workshop, now that would keep you warm :yesyes:

pulisa
28-02-18, 14:22
I live near Woking in Surrey. Very convenient if you commute into London but not a lot else of any note.
I was born in Wallington, Surrey, went to Bristol University and then lived in Cheltenham for a few years doing some hush hush work..I moved back to Surrey in 1984 and have been here ever since!

Buster70
28-02-18, 19:01
I live near Woking in Surrey. Very convenient if you commute into London but not a lot else of any note.
I was born in Wallington, Surrey, went to Bristol University and then lived in Cheltenham for a few years doing some hush hush work..I moved back to Surrey in 1984 and have been here ever since!

Are you saying you were a librarian in Cheltenham pulisa ? Shhhh :D
Bb I did make a wood burning stove but my brain is so all over the place I couldnt trust myself to put it in , I'd get a call go out and come back to a pile of cinders like a few of my mates have that live in chalets , fire is very unforgiving, and yes canal at the back it's great in summer when the swans nest next door and the narrow boats are going by .

pulisa
28-02-18, 20:38
Well..sort of, Buster:winks: I studied plenty of words though..

Lola-Lee
28-02-18, 22:38
My old man wanted to move us to Australia in the late seventies ,his mates went but mother wouldn't leave her family , who knows if we had moved I could have been in a shallow grave in the outback by now :roflmao: I'd probably have melted anyway above 25 and I'm out , minus four here today not counting the wind chill , this is the view from my unheated workshop , not much getting done with my frozen fingers .

:roflmao:you sort of get used to the heat(not),do you have an open fire place in your home to keep warm I can just see you with an axe,like a red neck of the out back.
Going to be cool today only 31c:yesyes:
I can send over a brand new heater for your workshop,never been used,it will thaw your frozen fingers.:D

Buster70
01-03-18, 00:01
Used to have an open fire but gave up on it , it gave me a bad leg stamping on wood to break it up , all that sawing , stamping and axing got you so hot you didn't fancy a fire .
The only time my hands are warm is when I'm picking up dog muck in the mornings luckily I have no sense of smell , cone to think of it just no sense..Redneck hic :roflmao: