PDA

View Full Version : Back again. This time strange sounds in ear.

Alowen
17-02-18, 00:33
I've been recently hearing crackling sounds in my ear when i depress the skin around it or shake my head. I went to the doctor about and he looked in my ear and said it looked fine. I'm panicking worrying about if I've accidentally damaged it when i started panic cleaning it with a q-tip when this problem started.
Anyone have experience with something like this?

joe23_martin
17-02-18, 00:50
Itll be wax or fluid, if doc gave all clear you are fine :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

.Poppy.
17-02-18, 01:24
You can only really “damage” your ear via qtip two ways:

1) by pushing wax farther into your ear and impacting it there - which your doc would have seen and removed.

2) pushing it too far and tearing your ear drum. Before you freak out, it is VERY painful when this happens and there would be no doubt - not from you, not from your doc. Additonally, if for some reason that happened, it would heal.

Most likely you’ve got some funky ear wax buildup or your ears just need to pop. It’ll pass.

Fishmanpa
17-02-18, 06:11
I've been recently hearing crackling sounds in my ear when i depress the skin around it or shake my head.

You do realize these are things that people don't do normally? Of course if you do something that no one does under normal circumstances, you're bound to have an abnormal reaction :huh:

Alowen: "Doc... when I push the skin around my ear and shake my head I hear a weird crackling sound."

Doc: "Don't do that!"

Positive thoughts

Carys
17-02-18, 06:19
Crackling in the ear is nothing more than a bit of fluid (mucus) in the eustachian tube. I have my own 'ear thread' currently on this page, and am delighted that after a week of practical deafness mine have started crackling which means the fluid is moving again...HURRAH. Crackling ears is literally nothing, it is totally normal...and if you've not had it before then I'm amazed. Not even after or during a cold ?