PDA

View Full Version : Aware of breathing and feeling down

tn13
17-02-18, 22:52
This morning I woke up early and had a pain in my chest close to my left armpit when I breathe in. With being up for a bit it got better then I went back to sleep and when I woke up it was gone unless I breathe in really forcefully.

Now I'm scared about things like pulmonary embolism and collapsed lung in addition to fear earlier in the week that something's wrong with my heart. But mostly now I'm hyper-aware of my breathing, even though it's normal and pain-free. This happens to me every so often. If you do this, how do you deal with it?

I'm feeling really down that my health anxiety is coming back because it's been good for about 4 1/2 years. I feel hopeless because I've already been through therapy and whatnot, and I can't see the therapist who helped me the most anymore because she was with my university and I'm not a student anymore, and I really don't want my psychiatrist to put me on more/different drugs. I'm embarrassed that I've been on medication for 7 years; I thought I'd be off it by now.

Bluebird123
18-02-18, 08:33
Hey, I had this a few days ago, really bad pain in my upper rib when I took a breath in to the point where I couldn't even take a deep breath without it being too painful! It turned out to be a pulled/strained muscle from all the tensing I was doing and went away in a couple of days.

Kiko22
19-02-18, 10:25
I had this too. I was always aware of my breathing and my chest hurt. It eventually went away on its own..