PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

carly2
05-07-07, 22:31
Hi I am self diagnosed Social phobic - forced to face my problems due to work having to attend meetings etc. Im smoking more, my breathing is not good - For the first time in my life my circumstances have forced me to address this issue. my working environment is so negative and Im completely overwhelmed - having spent time raising my family (teenagers) and friends who are all nurturers - the culture shock is unbelieveable - despite this I still have this problem and in the midst of whats happening - Ive got to find away to get through. Ive been trying the breathing exercise today and im getting dizzy spells - any advice welcome.

groovygranny
05-07-07, 23:26
Hello carly2:welcome:to you!

Meetings - yuk! But you'll get plenty of help and support here - I did!

I'm no expert on the breathing exercises I'm afraid but I understand if you overbreathe this can lead to dizziness and maybe hyperventiliation (don't know if this applies to you). I've breathed in and out of a paper back a couple of times and this seems to bring relief as it brings the balance of carbon dioxide in your bloodstream back to an acceptable level.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 23:40
Hi Carly

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice support and make new friends too.:)

Take a look at the Symptoms, how to cope and first step pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side if this page you will find them of interest also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Zanxiety
06-07-07, 00:01
Howdy, and big greetings to you carly2. Nice to see you hear. There's lot's of help and support on here, wherever you go. Particularly the welcomes of honeybees3939 and groovygrannies post.

A few of us on here, including myself suffer from social phobia, and one useful tip I think is to believe you can concer it.

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:58
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Southern_Belle
06-07-07, 16:23
Hi Carly,

Welcome to NMP. I have found that I was breathing incorrectly. If when you take in a breath and your stomach goes out instead of in you are breathing correctly. It is difficult to relearn this but if you look at a baby that is how they breath, somehow we stop doing this. It has helped calm me down. You will find there are many here who feel like you do and will get tons of support.

Laura

nomorepanic
06-07-07, 17:47
Hi Carly

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
06-07-07, 21:17
Hello Carly And Welcome I Also Go Thru The Breathing Thing Thats My Main Thing And Yes Laura Is Right (southernbell) After Breathing For So Many Yrs Wrong Its So Hard To Get Back Into Learning How To Breathe Corrctly :( I Guess We Need To Do A Little At A Time So We Dont Get Dizzy Doing It .i Wish Ya The Best....linda Xx

trac67
07-07-07, 00:54
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

manmoor
07-07-07, 19:10
Hi Carly,

A big warm welcome to you. xx