PDA

View Full Version : Scared stiff of full time work

Pete_uk
18-02-18, 14:09
I'm 35 and live 'at home' and I have never had a full time job. The last time I did 'all day' 5 days a week was at school and that was in about 1995 and school was NOT a good place for me. I KNOW I NEED to work full time and I would like to do something different than coming home and hanging around the house.

One other thing is that myself and mother go walking twice a week which will have to stop and I would feel guilty about that. :weep:

But just thinking about looking at a job website makes my anxiety rise. Any steps after that makes my anxiety step up a gear.

Also, I'm really scared that I step out of my comfort zone and end up somewhere that is not nice to work.

:shrug:

ankietyjoe
18-02-18, 16:40
Why do you have to get a full time job?

Perhaps you could work part time to start with, maybe volunteer work as well? Keep doing the walks with Mum as well?

Full time work (aside from the financial aspect) is vastly overrated in my opinion.

Scass
18-02-18, 18:18
Could you do some more hours in your part time role and build up a bit?

I agree that full time work is overrated, but some people need to. Also, I found full time work made my mental health much better than when I had more time to think at home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexldn89
21-02-18, 23:31
I was like this hun when I left my first job in funeralcare full time and not exactly the happiest job but I’m in a new funeral company full time and manage my own work load. Having control and losing it because your in full time work is normally what makes my anxiety rise .. once your there and u get into it you’ll be fine just persevere hun x