PDA

View Full Version : Results came back fine, still have night sweats

Mikyy
18-02-18, 15:33
Hello,

I'm an 19 year old male. I've been having Lymphoma fears for near a year now, it has been a journey of up and downs. I had few episodes of night sweats were I wake up and had to change my shirt not because it was soaking wet but it was damp enough to feel it.

Recently my fear became so high that my new doctor from my Uni decided to send to an ultrasound scan of my neck to easy me anxiety. After a week she called me and told me the results came back fine, they were few bigger reactive nodes but she said the personnel at the hospital was not concerned and I don't need to even make appointment with her as that is this chapter closed.

I was so happy about this, however I still wake up sweating at night, this time more often from waist down, I can sort of wipe my hand along my leg and pick up the sweat, however my bed sheets are dry and I only seem to sweat in that area, my head or underarms are dry. It only happens one time a night.

I try to tell myself its nothing and that if the scan came back fine than its ok, but every time I'm about to go to bed I have a loop in my head wondering if I will sweat thing night again.

Fishmanpa
18-02-18, 16:24
Most people sweat a bit at night. It's normal. I'm a survivor. I had and still have occasionally have night sweats. What you describe are not night sweats. Night sweats are the type that literally soak your clothes and bed to the point of having to change the sheets, your clothing and you have to lay a towel down on the mattress because it's soaked too!

You have clear test results and medical professionals are not concerned. Consider yourself very fortunate and close that chapter.

Positive thoughts

Carys
18-02-18, 16:39
I think to be honest its time to consider your environment; room temperature, bedding and night clothing. Your room might be too warm at night? Your duvet too thick ? Your bedding and clothing synthetic fibres and too thick ? I'd be considering all those things right now, as they are the most likely reason for feeling hot at night.

BikerMatt
18-02-18, 16:55
I think for some people it's just one of those things. Myself and my Brother have terrible night sweats and have for ages. I sleep with nowt on and can wake up soaking wet with the bedding like it's just come out of the washing machine.