PDA

View Full Version : Woke up feeling tingly and dizzy

Scooter86
19-02-18, 11:28
Hi everyone
I’m freaking out a little bit because I woke up twice in the middle of the night last night and my body almost felt like it wasn’t getting any circulation to my limbs. Depending on the position I would lay in my body would start to get really tingly with pins and needles and my limbs would get really cold. It almost feels like a wave of this tingling and numbness. It also happens to my head and makes me feel more and more dizzy with a bit of pressure on the top of my head. When I get up it goes away but I feel really weak. It leave me feeling foggy and tired.

I’m really scared it’s a brain tumour or something equally as awful. It’s happened before but never more than once - I always thought it was a panic attack from a dream but now I’m questioning that. Why would it be dependent on what position my body lies in?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

liampaynelover
19-02-18, 14:40
When we are anxious persistently, our muscles tense up. To me it sounds like when you lay a certain way, you move your muscles a different way, and they are already tense from your anxiety.

Scooter86
21-02-18, 04:39
Could be that though I wasn’t anxious before I went to bed so I wasn’t tense at all. Has anyone else had this happen to them through the night? Does it sound like a nocturnal panic attack? Since my body has been very sore, like a worked out for hours - though I haven’t haha.

Scooter86
23-05-18, 13:47
Hey folks,
I wanted to post again about this issue since it’s come up again. I thought they had passed but I guess these symptoms I’m having decided to come back. Same deal as last time, I’ll go to bed feeling fine and about an hour and a half to two hours later I’ll wake up with pressure in my head and feeling dizzy, nauseous and tingling/tight feeling in my cheeks, neck and shoulders. Also my limbs feel weak. The only difference this time was I got up at 6 this morning to walk the dog and then tried to go back to sleep but once I got into bed the symptoms started up again immediately rather than me waking up an hour later. It’s not a full blown panic attack but is it possible all these symptoms are anxiety related?

It only seems to happen when I’m sleeping and I haven’t had it happen more than 7 nights in a row before it subsides. The fact that it does go away makes me hope it’s not something serious because something serious wouldn’t go away after a few days or once I get out of bed, right? Has anyone else had symptoms like this?

Oh I should also mention I went to the docs about it and they sent me for a sleep study with an eeg (brain function analysis). That was on May 2 and I haven’t heard anything back from them. Unfortunately I didn’t have these symptoms during my sleep study (isn’t that always the case when we go see our docs - the symptoms aren’t there) so who knows if anything was even picked up.

Thanks
S

Scooter86
29-05-18, 00:33
Just wanted to post again and see if anyone had shared any of the symptoms I’ve described above. Any similar stories or advice is much appreciated!

S