PDA

View Full Version : work making anxiety worse

lucy3606
19-02-18, 15:09
Hi Everyone,
I'm new on here, Ive suffered with anxiety a while. Recently, my job has been making it ten times worse. Im a duty manager and my manager isn't great, she's off a lot and has a bad attitude when she's in, so I have pretty much taken on the role of manager and duty manager. This has been extremely stressful, I'm getting everything thrown at me from the staff because she isn't approachable. I get a phone call almost every day from work, any time between 6am and 11pm, even on my days off asking me to go in. It's really getting to me but I hate the thought of failing so I carry on because I don't want to look like I can't cope...but I can't. I don't really know where to turn now, any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Fishmanpa
19-02-18, 15:54
A couple of things...

First off, having a job you enjoy is more than half the battle of being happy in life so if you're not happy, it's time for a change. Keep in mind, finding a job is a heck of a lot easier when you're currently employed so tough it out while you're searching. I can tell you that just the act of searching brings some relief.

Question: What would happen if you didn't answer the phone in the evenings when you're just not in the right state of mind to deal with it? It wouldn't be lying if they asked and you said you were busy with something personal (your anxiety). It's not "failing" when you're looking after your own best interests.

Positive thoughts