PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety the Beastie

alegna
19-02-18, 16:25
Hi All,
I suffer Anxiety which just "arrives" at around Christmas time most years (last 10 years) My physical symptoms were so severe the first time I was in hospital as I couldn't stop vommiting.
I'm currently on Duloxetine (60mg all year round then I up it to 90 in November) I would say the lack of interest, depersonalisation & Feeling that you are dying ate the worst to cope with.
It is really severe & usually lasts about 4-6 weeks. I'm on to week 10 this time, trying not to question why & do all the CBT tools but I'm struggling with being positive & the belief I will recover (I have every other time)

Alegna.

venusbluejeans
19-02-18, 16:33
Hiya alegna and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

adeyt
19-02-18, 17:28
Hi Alegna. Really interested to read your post. I seem to be plagued with a similar affliction. Mine usually arrives early jan, and lasts for about 6-8 weeks. i was so bad last year, i was in psysc ward for a spell. its almost like SAD, given the time of year, but the depersonalisation is really bad, and i feel really detached from reality. Ade

alegna
20-02-18, 09:50
Hi Ade

Absolutely feel your pain. I feel I just exist rather than live while I have this. I would love to know how to best prevent it I.e. be the best form of me possible so as to not get it in the first place! Hoping to see a Psychiatrist soon to get my meds reviewed & gain any other advice possible. Stay strong Ade & get what you can from each day.

Alegna.

adeyt
22-02-18, 16:48
Hi Alegna. Just wondering how you are doing. Thanks for your reply by the way, really nice of you to take the time