PDA

View Full Version : Tight throat, worried about cancer (please reply)

Jirorii
19-02-18, 03:25
hiii i'm 19 years old and i have suspected acid reflux

right now my throat is tight, like someone is holding me by my throat and there's pressure or discomfort under my jaw and I'm so scared

i keep going into panic attacks and worrying that i might die
is it possible for my throat to close up completely and for me to not be able to breathe at all because i'm really scared

it's 3am and i'm so tired do i need to go to the hospital please help me

thank you

liampaynelover
19-02-18, 14:41
Nope, you will be absolutely fine, you are experiencing anxiety. What you need to do is take a deep breath in and then out, eventually you won't feel like that anymore :hugs:

Jirorii
20-02-18, 00:16
hiiii,

i posted on here recently about my tight throat but i'm slightly worried that it might be throat cancer

i'm 19 years and old and never smoked but my symptoms seem slightly similar:
discomfort / tight throat under the ears at the top of the throat
ear ache
slight hoarseness sometimes

i was sort of diagnosed with acid reflux but now i'm doubting that because my throat feels uncomfortable

i have an endoscopy booked for next week, would anything show up then if something was wrong? i'm not sure

if someone could reassure me or give me some advice i would be grateful

Fishmanpa
20-02-18, 00:34
i'm 19 years and old and never smoked ...
diagnosed with acid reflux

You want reassurance but you have all you need based on your post.

Positive thoughts

Lily83
20-02-18, 04:16
All your symptoms can be caused by acid reflux. You're heading in the right direction getting an endoscopy. Have you told your doctor your concerns? Don't worry.

nomorepanic
21-02-18, 18:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.