PDA

View Full Version : Suky - Brit in Sweden

Suky
06-07-07, 07:51
Just a few words about myself. I have posted a query in the Medication forum (Citalopram 40mg – when to increase dosage) and would be grateful to hear from people who have taken 40 to 60 mg of an SSRI, and if it helped.

Am a Brit living in Sweden – great place if you have children and work! Have had panic attacks for over 10 years - am on my fourth ‘spate’ at present. Have reacted very badly to medication this time and seem to need higher doses, hence my post.

Have been to therapy and CBT and am angry that I can’t seem to beat this. Am practising the tips on the Web site and learning to sit panic attacks out and not be so afraid of them. A new approach for me! Had a mini one this morning in the car on the motorway (UGH!) to work but concentrated really hard on number plates.

Am determined to live normally. Most people who know me would be gobsmacked to know that I have panic attacks. All suggestions, advice, support from fellow ‘sufferers’ gratefully received….!

Suky

groovygranny
06-07-07, 10:53
Hello Suky :welcome:to you!

I took Citalopram at 60mg daily for 6mnths - after a rough few weeks while they took effect, they really worked for me :)

Glad you found us - you'll find plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
06-07-07, 10:56
Hi Suky

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Piglet
06-07-07, 11:26
A big welcome to the site! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:29
welcome to the site, hope you find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends a long the way xxxx take kare xxxxx

Southern_Belle
06-07-07, 16:19
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. I personally have not been on that med but others as you have already seen have and will give you their stories. You will find you are not alone and will get support.

Laura

nomorepanic
06-07-07, 17:50
Suky

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
06-07-07, 18:15
Hi Suky and :welcome:

You'll get lots of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. What a fantastic place to call your home, I bet there's some really beautiful countryside in Sweden. I'm on 20mg of citalopram at the moment but am not sure how much the medication has helped.

Take care,

Lindalou64
06-07-07, 21:13
Hello Suky And Welcome Im Sure You Will Find Lots On The Same Med Wish Ya The Best........linda

trac67
07-07-07, 01:05
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

manmoor
07-07-07, 19:10
Hi Suky,

A big warm welcome to you. xx