PDA

View Full Version : Similar Medications Taken Same Day

chestrockwells
20-02-18, 05:22
Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Today, I felt like I was coming down with allergies or a cold so I took a Zyrtec to help with my symptoms. Well, I forgot I had taken it, and tonight, before bed, I took a Benadryl to help sleep. Now, I’m nervous that it was a bad idea because they’re similar medications! :weep: Should I contact someone or just sleep it off?

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-18, 05:41
According to the interaction checker on Drugs.com combining the two may mean an increase in certain effects such as dizziness, tiredness, loss of coordination, etc. So, see how you feel and if you don't feel able to drive/operate machinery, etc then be careful but otherwise that seems to be it.

It's also advised to avoid alcohol due to additive effects but I didn't check that alongside these two therefore there may be additional information along with a warning if all 3 were checked for interactions.

nomorepanic
20-02-18, 08:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239