PDA

View Full Version : Can't burp

Modestaustin811
20-02-18, 23:18
Please help.

Since last night I've been getting this feeling like I can't get a satisfying burp. I'll burp sometimes, but I have to really force it. Sometimes I bring stuff up with it, but the feeling of fullness is always there. It's been like this for almost 24 hours now. I've tried Zantac, I've tried gaviscon, my grandma told me to drink coke and that would get rid of it but it hasn't really.

I. Am. Catastrophizing. I feel like I'm going to always feel like this. I'm reading stories of people who have had similar feelings and they didn't go away for years. I can't even eat food right now. I do not want to lose weight. I've got so much I have to do. I have a job, I'm suppose to go on a date this weekend. This is so awful.

Please has anyone gotten this before? What did you do to help it? I know it sounds like reflux but I'm getting no heart burn at all. I regurgitate some food sometimes, but it's usually whatever I just ate.

Fishmanpa
20-02-18, 23:33
Reflux doesn't necessarily mean you get heart burn. It truly sounds like reflux to me. Coke won't help, don't drink it, it's nasty! Zantac and Gaviscon are helpful but ultimately diet (look at the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet) and treating the root cause (your anxiety) will be the key.

Positive thoughts

WiseMonkey
21-02-18, 00:13
Hi,

Yes I agree, don't drink coke, the problem with carbonated drinks is that the bubbles can make the reflux worse.

I have these burping issues too, a mixture of big burps and the one's that hardly come up. I have occasional regurgitation but don't have heartburn. Sometimes these issues are caused by low stomach acid, that's why Zantac and Gaviscon don't work.

If I have a carbonated drink, I have soda water (plain). You could try having a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water before meals and see if it helps.