PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Issues

LS26
21-02-18, 14:19
Does anyone else have constant stomach issues with health anxiety? I have constant loud noises from my stomach and a kind if bubbling sensation all the time...I have also noticed I have to go to the toilet quite a lot. I had blood tests at doctors and came back normal but they couldn't tell me what was causing my stomach issues. I am also losing weight, a small amount but worries me as I am eating.

Thank You

Bluebird123
21-02-18, 14:32
Yes - all the time! As soon as I get an anxious thought I immediately feel it in my stomach, the two are very connected. Completely normal and common but very annoying.

fruitandnutlover
21-02-18, 16:18
Me too, my stomach and bowels always seem grumpy! Growling, gurgling, churning, popping and windy. It’s like a science project going on in there, it drives me to distraction. The more I worry about it, the worse it gets, vicious cycle!

budgie1979
22-02-18, 15:20
Yes, definitely. Mine tends to come in waves. I'll feel terrible for a week or two, and then feel relatively normal for a week, and then the cycle starts all over again. What I've found is that the more I focus on it, the worse it seems. Now, I try to just carry on with life and not worry too much about it. Some days I have to practically force myself to eat. I've had endoscopy, colonoscopy and plenty of blood work that showed nothing dreadful is going on. My GI doctor wants me to try the FODMAP diet, but that just looks so difficult and unpleasant that I haven't attempted it yet. My suspicion is that most of my problems are due to anxiety anyway, possibly with a bit of hormonal issues since it flares up badly around menstruation.

nomorepanic
22-02-18, 15:22
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

LS26
22-02-18, 18:57
I cannot carry on like this....spend all my time on google with symptoms I have. I have aches everywhere from my back to my legs...stomach issues (loose stools constantly) not sleeping properly, and I feel like there is no one to help me. OnC CBT waiting list but this could take another six weeks u till I can see someone. I am so drained from all this and feel alone

jrcoleman
22-02-18, 19:08
It sounds like a lot and feels like a lot, but you can handle it. First step is to get off of google. All symptoms from the simplest nose drip to the worst stomach cramp can be a sign of something terrible, but 90 percent of the time it isn't. It sounds like you may be giving your symptoms more power by worrying and researching them. The body has an amazing ability to heal and repair itself. Sometimes you just need to slow down and let it do its job. Eat healthy, exercise within moderation (try soft stretches) and if you have to be on the internet, go to youtube and find some relaxation videos to watch. Go to the doctor, be tested, and accept the tests. If they find nothing, it could be your mind manifesting your beliefs.

LS26
22-02-18, 19:12
Thank You for your reply. I know I need to stop googling as I know it makes me so much worse. I have been to doctors and had full blood test which came back normal but there’s always that voice in my head telling me that the test wouldn’t show what I have. It’s just a vicious circle

jrcoleman
22-02-18, 19:33
Trust in yourself. Trust in a higher power to look after you. Trust in your body and mind. It is like any other possession, take care of it and it will take care of you. Tell the voice in your head to hush. If it isn't working for you replace it with a new one. I always tell myself, what is the worst that can happen? I can die. Well, so have Billions of people before me. I can choose to worry about death and not live or I can choose to live and let death worry about itself.

gflanagan86
22-02-18, 19:44
I know your pain all too well!

First if I can give you some advice given to me by my CBT therapist. Every time you have the urge to google- pause, and do deep breathing. by this i mean picture your belly button is your nose and deep breath into your belly for 1-2 min.

Next get a journal- every time you have the urge to google write down your negative thoughts physically get them out and onto paper. On the page next to your negative thoughts write down things you are grateful for/accomplishes you have made today. It can be as simple as stopping yourself from googling, or not thinking about a fear for 3 minutes. LOG YOUR WINS!!!! Even the tiny tiny ones, give them credit.

We are soon used to focusing on all our negatives we give zero credit to our positives..start small.

If you are anything like me my anxiety starts the moment my eyes open. I do a 5 min meditation from the App Simple Habits before i get out of bed. Its no a cure all but it does help!!

au Lait
22-02-18, 21:49
I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. Hang in there. You’re not alone. Millions of people out there know exactly how you feel.

I have loose stool pretty much all the time. Aches too. And a general feeling of constantly being exhausted. It’s from stress/anxiety. My anxiety is improving bit by bit though, and I can feel myself starting to feel better physically.

It seems a long ways off but your CBT appointment will come before you know it.

In the meantime stop googling your symptoms. You will start to feel better when you stop dwelling on diseases. When I feel alone I search for videos made by other people with anxiety on YouTube. They often have good tips for dealing with anxiety, and I feel less alone just by listening to someone who is in the same situation as me share their story.

BazB44
23-02-18, 00:50
I know how you feel. Ive had HA for over 20 years, but the past 17 months have been the worst. Ive tried meditation, saunas, workout, green tea, ginger, tulsi, all sorts of stuff. It works in the moment, but eventually you go right back to the gutters. What did work for me was: getting a life. I met a girl, we hung out all the time, I went to more groups and made new friends (also stopped going on forums) and suddenly everything disappeared. Once me and the girl split, I went back to anxiety.

Halle0587
23-02-18, 03:01
Go to YouTube and type in Tapping-Roger Callahan. I feel like a complete fool doing it, but after two weeks I feel like I’m on the right track. I don’t feel better 100%, it’s a work in progress, but when I want to google I tap. I also downloaded the Calm app and have meditated each day this month. It’s hard to sit still at first, but if your drive to beat this is there you’ll do it and feel good afterward. I do it any time I need to calm down. You can do quick 2-3 minutes or longer 15-20 minute ones.
You have to do something you haven’t done before. Feel like a fool tapping, if it works and you feel better, do it!

jrcoleman
23-02-18, 16:03
I watched the video on tapping. Interesting indeed. I will give it a try next time I am in panic mode and see what it can do. I believe there are techniques out there that main stream medical shuns, but do actually work. It is worth a try when I find myself worrying about my health.

LS26
23-02-18, 22:51
Thank you for all your replies everyone. I have to try to help myself. All your words make me more determined to do so.

LS26
04-03-18, 16:06
I am convinced that I have bowel cancer. Ever since my anxiety started in December I have had loose stools and having to go to the toilet up to 4 times a day (I normally go once or twice) my stomach makes horrible noises like popping sounds- I have had blood tests that came back normal but now I’m convinced it would not show up on the test ☹️ Doctor can’t give me a reason she said it could be worry or it could be my tablets- I’m not convinced. I am also losing weight which is scaring me.

Elliejane44
04-03-18, 16:19
What age are you ?

Ellie

nomorepanic
04-03-18, 16:37
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

LS26
04-03-18, 16:43
I have just turned 27

LS26
06-03-18, 20:11
Has anyone else suffered with hip and back pain with IBS as a result of their anxiety. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Halle0587
07-03-18, 01:50
YES, and no worries. I had a bad bout of this last year. Scared myself into believing I had some sort of ovarian or colon cancer. We were searching for a house to buy and trying not to pay rent and a mortgage at the same time, so it was stressful. It took a few months to completely go away, but it did. Now it only flares up if I’m stressed out.

Elen
08-03-18, 16:05
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Honeynut
08-03-18, 20:49
Has anyone else suffered with hip and back pain with IBS as a result of their anxiety. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

I have had the most awful left hip pain for about three years and I’m currently under investigation for IBD and because bowel issues have flared up, I’ve now got pain in the left too! I’ve read that aches in the joints are completely normal abut I also know if you focus on the pain and get anxious about it then your body tricks you into thinking it’s there anyway.