PDA

View Full Version : Just fat or a cancer lump? (picture)

Tiatyrah
21-02-18, 08:57
My left inner thigh is swollen and it is scary, making me think it's a lymph node that is swollen because of a cancer. It's quite big and when I push in the swollen part it's soft, I don't feel anything in it at all,feels like I'm just pushing in fat or something.

I don't feel a difference between my left and right thigh when touching but the left is more swollen. Now I don't know if it's normal to have that during the period but I'm having mine right now. My left leg also feels very tired, like I have been doing work outs all day, cramps all the time!

I don't know what it is but it makes me think the worst thing again.

Tiatyrah
21-02-18, 17:58
I have this lump on my left inner thigh that freaks me out for 2 days now. Family are telling me that it's just fat but I don't believe them because if it was fat, it would have to be on both sides right?
I'm worried about a soft tissue cancer, it's soft and when I push it, it feels like fat but soft tissue cancer is soft too?

Here a picture if anyone can help me..

https://postimg.org/image/bw0vqpmil/

nomorepanic
21-02-18, 18:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Tiatyrah
21-02-18, 18:14
Sorry, forgot..

ColdHands
21-02-18, 18:28
You do know that legs aren't always symmetrical right?

siwz991
21-02-18, 18:28
Nope, fat is not always symmetrical. I had something similar when I gained weight. You'd be suprised how fat made me asymmetrical. I did usg and it was just fat

Tiatyrah
21-02-18, 19:58
Trying hard to just believe it's probably just fat and because of my overweight but I can't get rid of the worrying about maybe a soft tissue cancer growing or something. Grr! Anxiety...

Carys
21-02-18, 20:24
I have this lump on my left inner thigh that freaks me out for 2 days now.So you think in two days you could get a large cancerous tumour which caused a massive lymph node reaction? That's really not how things work, and I'm sure you realise that if you apply logic to this.:)

Tiatyrah
21-02-18, 21:52
If I think logically, I think it's probably just fat. I am overweight and stopped watching my intake of food for 2 months now so of course I can and will gain. But then for some reason my mind stops thinking that and tells me that it's a cancerous something because if it weren't, I'd have it on the other side too! It's so strange..

Fishmanpa
21-02-18, 22:07
I am overweight and stopped watching my intake of food for 2 months now so of course I can and will gain....It's so strange..

Frankly it's not strange at all! It's body fat. As Carys said, that's just not the way cancer works.

Positive thoughts, exercise and proper nutrition :winks:

Tiatyrah
22-02-18, 00:22
So no one thinks it could be a cancerous growth by looking at that picture?

Fishmanpa
22-02-18, 00:56
So no one thinks it could be a cancerous growth by looking at that picture?

Based on the replies, what is the answer to your question?

Positive thoughts

Tiatyrah
22-02-18, 07:46
Based on the replies, no one thinks it's cancer..

It's still there this morning, I have decided to watch my food and drink intake and kick my ass to get back to working out again. I'm guessing this is my stupid anxiety again..

Leslie735
22-02-18, 13:31
This is in your upper inner thigh right? Right before you go into your groin/private area? If so, I have the same thing and its much more noticeable on my right than my left side.

Tiatyrah
22-02-18, 17:06
Yes Leslie that's where it is, thanks for your reply. I just thought that if it was fat, it had to be on both sides equally but I am wrong it seems. I just need to try and stop thinking stupid things now.

Leslie735
22-02-18, 18:11
Yes Leslie that's where it is, thanks for your reply. I just thought that if it was fat, it had to be on both sides equally but I am wrong it seems. I just need to try and stop thinking stupid things now.

Believe me, I KNOW how difficult it is not to focus on these sorta things. I do the same thing, ALL the time. :hugs:

jrcoleman
22-02-18, 20:07
I have seen people with those fatty deposits all over their bodies, looked like a bunch of golf balls under their skin. Exercise your legs (just do simple body weight squats) and see it change before your eyes. :hugs:

Tiatyrah
23-02-18, 07:26
Thank you both for your replies. I have started working out again since yesterday and will continue doing so. It's just so annoying thinking like this with something stupid as this.
I guess when it's gone after a period of work out etc, I'll be sure it's just body fat. It's weird that I have to have proof somehow? I don't know if I'm alone in this but even with the replies I have been getting, I still need to have proof and will work on it. Silly isn't it?

The replies I've been getting does calm me down though and makes me think it's just fat. Then after a while those stupid thoughts pop up again! Maybe that is just part of the anxiety..

Again thank you guys!

Tiatyrah
24-02-18, 19:43
Is there anyone else who also has anxiety about losing weight? I mean when I lose weight, I start to see it as a symptom of cancer! That's so annoying! Am I the only one?

Fishmanpa
24-02-18, 20:58
when I lose weight, I start to see it as a symptom of cancer! That's so annoying! Am I the only one?

Even if it's intentional? If the answer is "yes", do you understand how irrational that is? :huh: I imagine you do because you say it's annoying but why would give such a thought any time of the day?

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
24-02-18, 21:33
I've seen it quite a lot on here. People post about fear around weight loss and in their post hidden away somewhere is something like, "I started a diet in January and have given up junk food" yet they still worry about their intentional weight loss. As FMP says above it's irrational, but yes - if you search weight loss on here there are loads of them. None of them turned out to be anything sinister.

Tiatyrah
26-02-18, 00:58
I worry about weight loss even when it's on purpose, when I try to lose weight, apparently I can lose weight quite fast ( I do gain fast too though...) But whenever my family are saying that i'm losing weight and that I lose it fast, I start to worry about it and start thinking it's one of the symptoms of cancer.
When I try to lose weight and fully go for it, i'm feeling good and motivated. Once i'm being told I lose it fast, I start to worry about it being a symptom of cancer. I eat again then to see if I gain weight instead of losing. It's a repeatable circle..