PDA

View Full Version : Some remedies to take the edge off of your Anxiety

Alexldn89
21-02-18, 23:01
Hey guys,

I’ve suffered with ocd, anxiety and depression probably when I look at it for my entire life but it only really came to light when I got stressed at work and it was as though a light switch turned on and I couldn’t turn it off..

Believe me I worry about everything and anything and I obsess over it, get horrendous intrusive thoughts and eventually get so low I just want to disappear.
Over the last year I’ve tried numerous things and at the moment I can keep a lid on some of it so I thought I may just let yall knkw of A few things that’s help me!

Firstly I work in funeral care, how can I do that considering I obsess over people dying and all those negative things?
Well honestly, helping other people helps me, it is also a reminder to me that I am needed and to see people so hurt reminds me of how my family would be if I were not here.

Firstly I do exercise now, more than I did even a walk after work every day is so helpful and the change in my diet has improved my mental process, drinking more water has made me feel less sluggish and helps clear my head so I know for me diet is key to getting myself feeling better - SUGAR, it’s a demon, get rid of it, alcohol also.. does not help my anxiety at all.. try and lead a clean lifestyle as much as possible if possible ?!

I take lots of vitamins: b12 and folic acid. Zinc and vitamin d3 and c for my immune system and general health. Vitamin d3 is the part that makes you feel good like sunshine makes you feel more upbeat and lifted. I feel it has improved my mood greatly so far! ❤️

One thing I live by is HALT ... am I Hungry? Angry? Lonely or tired?
Any of these things seem to set me off if their needs are not met. Tired the main one and food. Sleep is so important - I meditate before bed or just lay down and listen to guided meditation just to relax my body before I every consider sleep!

I take tumeric and cbd oil in the tiniest %.. like 2.75% cbd oil that I get from Holland and Barrett.. Tuneric is brilliant for the body, your body and general inner health.. cbd oil is good for pain and supposedly anxiety .. now it could be a placebo but I do feel like tense recently, something somewhere is working ..

I know this won’t all work for everyone and I’m not some know it all who can TELL you what to do but I know how these things improve my day to day living and going from sitting in my room rocking back and forward crying thinking I’m going mad .. to managing an office and doing the job I do everyday ALONE in my own branch .. it’s a big big leap ..

Don’t be afraid to speak out we’re all here together let me know if anything works for you all xxxx

Koncon
22-02-18, 13:23
Hi Alex,
It is always great to hear when someone is able to cope with themselves. How it turns out that our body is the most difficult goal in life?.. :) [a rhetorical question]
First, I want to learn more about "tumeric" (sorry my poor English). What is it?

Alexldn89
22-02-18, 21:11
Give tumeric a google but it is used in foods obviously, mostly the yummy curry kind 😂 but it has lots of healing properties.. people also have said its good for mental wellbeing apparently it lowers stress hormones and helps the seratonin in our brains!
I do feel positivity is obviously key but I think anything that helps is great!

gflanagan86
22-02-18, 22:03
Could you explain how you take the Turmeric? Raw or powdered. and how much? thank you!!

Alexldn89
23-02-18, 13:15
Holland and barret make the tumeric tablets for you to take without having to worry about powder. They are about twenty quid but I’d say always worth a try.. curcumin that’s in tumeric is wonderful so that’s also an option. Xx

Koncon
27-02-18, 12:10
Give tumeric a google but it is used in foods obviously, mostly the yummy curry kind 😂 but it has lots of healing properties.. people also have said its good for mental wellbeing apparently it lowers stress hormones and helps the seratonin in our brains!
I do feel positivity is obviously key but I think anything that helps is great!
Taking into account gflanagan86's answer and Google results, I suppose it's "Turmeric"... Ok, got it :)

MyNameIsTerry
28-02-18, 08:02
It's the Curcumin in it that does the work. The trouble is the human body can't absorb it into the bloodstream very well so all the benefits end up going to the GI.

Have a look on examinesupplements and it will explain how you can boost Curcumin into the bloodstream by adding Piperine (black pepper). This can be an issue with some antidepressants because Piperine inhibits certain liver enzymes causing the drug to be in your body longer than normal which means more strength so be careful with that issue.

Some manufacturers are making forms of Curcumin specifically to get around this e.g. combining with such as lecithin. It's not as good as it's less bioavailable but it's a possible workaround.

Curcumin is interesting though, there have been mental health studies with favourable outcomes (depression, I think).

bridgey
28-02-18, 10:34
give camomile tea a try for when your feeling anxious, it seems to help me

Koncon
28-02-18, 13:33
Hah, what a surprise. My wife started giving it (orange powder) to the whole family a couple of months ago. We are waiting for the effect ... In general, all Asia should be healthy, if it really has such properties.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

give camomile tea a try for when your feeling anxious, it seems to help me
I heard one famous (locally) doctor said that Chamomile is kind of placebo regarding skin care. IMO it doesn't actually work for gargling too. Well, now let's try for anxiety.

Carebear321
03-03-18, 01:14
Thank you so much for sharing this information. The 'HALT' could really help my lovely husband and, strangely, tumeric has been mentioned in my life several times this week. Keep going and good luck.

Koncon
11-03-18, 12:10
Dear @Carebear321,
let me ask another question. You say "cbd oil in the tiniest %.. like 2.75% cbd oil that I get from Holland and Barrett..". Do you know whether it's important where you buy that hemp oil? I have a vial of this stuff https://www.botahemp.com/ - made of US cbd hemp oil. I mean, maybe there are different types of hemp in North America and in Europe and US ones are better for skin whereas EU ones are better for anxiety?