PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about the future

bridgey
22-02-18, 18:30
Hi guys,

Hopefully you guys can help me out and see the light.

A bit of background on me, I’ve been over weight all my teenage years and adult hood so far, I’m 24, and so far I’ve lost 7.5stone(50kg). BTW I still live with my parents.

This has changed my life for the better! I’ve met lovely girl and we are dating and it’s great! I’m more self confident and everything seems better.

BUT

Since I’ve been with this girl we’ve had some amazing times, recently been away for a few days, but it’s kicked off anxiety within me. I’ve never suffered from any mental health issues but this has bought me to my knees!

I’m getting anxious about leaving home, leaving my parents, that when I do leave that I’m not allowed to go back to them to see them or speak.

Over the last week they have spoke about moving into my grandparents house as they are downsizing into assisted living. This is closer to my current house but a good 15 minute drive from my grandparents house. Yes my parents would be mortgage free if we moved but I don’t feel like it would be my home living there.

Please help!

Carebear321
03-03-18, 01:29
UFlying the nest can be an exciting time but also very daunting. It's a massive change and the home you know as the family home is also changing. But is it perfectly natural. Take a deep breath and let the excitement contain the anxiety. Fear is allowing thoughts such as no longer being able to speak to your parents to dominate. Maybe you are just worried they will not approve of your future choices in your new independence. Good luck and enjoy this exciting new phase.