PDA

View Full Version : right hand changes colour

sam93
23-02-18, 13:13
I've currently got a weird situation where my right hand is a different shade of colour to the left when I look at them sometimes. I think this could be due to it being raised slightly when working, but not 100% sure as when I do the same to my left it doesn't change quite a much as the right.

Does anyone have this issue?

Freaking out :(

Fishmanpa
23-02-18, 13:25
Why are you freaking out and focusing on something like this? In what way could this be even remotely sinister? :huh:

Positive thoughts

joe23_martin
23-02-18, 13:26
Yeah I would not worry, go the doctors just incase. May just be a blood circulation thing, I have it sometimes :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
23-02-18, 13:56
Respectfully, I disagree about seeing a doctor about this. It would be a waste of $$.

Positive thoughts

joe23_martin
23-02-18, 13:57
Ohh NHS over here we have free checks etc

Fishmanpa
23-02-18, 14:03
Ohh NHS over here we have free checks etc

Free or not, a medical professional wouldn't find anything and it would be a waste of NHS resources. It's like those that run to the ER all the time over their anxiety symptoms. You're talking about a NORMAL bodily reaction caused by gravity and blood flow. To even notice and focus on something so benign that happens "sometimes" and allow it to worry you is typical HA.

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
23-02-18, 14:14
To even notice and focus on something so benign that happens "sometimes" and allow it to worry you is typical HA.

This ^. There is nothing to worry about here - just an HA mind playing tricks unfortunately. To be frank, going to the doctor with "sometimes I think one hand looks a slightly different colour from the other when I raise it". Just no.

sam93
23-02-18, 14:28
Thanks all. Health anxiety is the worst :( I've just started therapy so I hope that helps.

Fishmanpa
23-02-18, 23:32
Thanks all. Health anxiety is the worst :( I've just started therapy so I hope that helps.

Good to hear you're getting help. It's vital you discuss your participation on the forum with your therapist. Reassurance seeking is detrimental to recovery.

Positive thoughts

disarray
05-04-19, 23:54
I know this is an old post, but I've noticed this too.