PDA

View Full Version : So worried about doctor

JaneS
23-02-18, 18:33
Hi there
I’ve just phoned my docs for the results of my suspected toe nail fungus and have been told to make a non urgent appointment to see a doctor. I am panicking now that a) the results have only taken 2 weeks to come back which means it’s bad news and b) I won’t know which nail to treat as I sent in several clippings from different toe nails (although there is only one that looks really fungal) and c) it may be caused by Candida which I read somewhere can cause other nasty diseases including cancer, even though this is considered pretty rare in toe nails. Does anyone have experience of this or know about fungal infections. I have had this gammy toe nail for so long now, I am really scared it may have had some serious affect on the rest of my body. I don’t want to take the anti fungal tablets as they have nasty side effects and I have tried to treat it before with topical medication but to no avail.
Sorry for the long post but I am really worried about it all.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Sorry the title was meant to say ‘So worried about doctors appointment’ !

Sammyeb27
23-02-18, 20:06
If it was something like C which you said is dangerous, this wouldn't be a non-urgent appointment. I don't know much about for nail fungus but if you do have that, the doctors will give you the best treatment that they can so try not to worry!

JaneS
25-02-18, 10:00
Thanks for your kind reply.

Scass
25-02-18, 12:49
Yes please try not to worry. I remember having toe fungus & panicking that I had diabetes, so getting a blood test. It was nothing.
Your doctor will give you the correct treatment & im sure you’ll be fine. Do you get fungal infections anywhere else? (Not that this means anything, I’m just curious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk