PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Sporadic CJD

PlsNoMore
23-02-18, 18:54
So I'm going to get straight to the point. I recently developed Anxiety about three weeks ago when I had a panic attack. The physical and mental symptoms lasted around six days then I felt normal for about 5 days. I also got blood test done and everything came back normal.It start to flare up again in the form of health anxiety. At first I thought I had symptoms of a stroke, then als, then Parkinson's and now Sporatic CJD. I have experienced the following symptoms:
Loss of appetite
Lack of sleep
Muscle twitches
Derealization
Lack of Bowel movements
Lack of Focus
Frequent urination
A time gap of about an hour
(Perceived?)Lack of coordination when walking and grabbing items

Know it should be known that I am 18yrs old and male and I understand that scjd has a 1 in a million chance of being contracted and it usually happens in those in their 60s however my sudden anxiety and symptoms all match up with CJD. If anyone has more information to quell my fear it would be appreciated. I also was a some what paranoid person before the anxiety came on and maybe that could be a factor as well.

Thanks for listening :)

glassgirlw
23-02-18, 19:49
Hi there! I have no idea what CJD is. But I can tell you all those symptoms affect me as well, in addition to others, when my anxiety is running high.

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-18, 01:49
So I'm going to get straight to the point. I recently developed Anxiety about three weeks ago when I had a panic attack. The physical and mental symptoms lasted around six days then I felt normal for about 5 days. I also got blood test done and everything came back normal.It start to flare up again in the form of health anxiety. At first I thought I had symptoms of a stroke, then als, then Parkinson's and now Sporatic CJD. I have experienced the following symptoms:

Loss of appetite
Lack of sleep
Muscle twitches
Derealization
Lack of Bowel movements
Lack of Focus
Frequent urination
A time gap of about an hour
(Perceived?)Lack of coordination when walking and grabbing items)

So, apart from ALS, Parkinson's & Sporadic CJD, what else have you ruled out?

I ask because given that list of symptoms you are describing a fair few of us on here.

Loss of appetite - anyone may experience many times through life in normal health or due to a massive range of health issues.
Lack of sleep - again, see above
Muscle twitches - well known in anxiety disorders and forms of twitches exist to cover idiopathic origins.
Derealization - well known in anxiety & panic disorders.
Lack of Bowel movements - see "loss of appetite"
Lack of Focus - see above
Frequent urination - see above
A time gap of about an hour - please explain more about this. Actual loss of a physical hour or feeling time may be slower/faster? The latter can fit into DP/DR.
(Perceived?)Lack of coordination when walking and grabbing items) - see "muscle twitches"[/QUOTE]

I've had most of that list and many more.

Imeleedi
24-02-18, 12:24
This sounds absolutely nothing like cjd and how it presents itself.

PlsNoMore
24-02-18, 14:49
I understand that the disease is rare and that my symptoms may not match up with it but nevertheless, I am having increased loss of coordination in my hands and I feel as though I'm not acting like myself. When I speak to others it like I am a different person. I also think I might be having hallucinations as well. Like when I close my eyes and try to sleep I have almost instant dreams that are not scary but jarring and wake me up. It may just be lack of sleep. I also went to the psych er yesterday because I freaked out because of the memory issues I'm having. I can't even remember all the symptoms I told the doctor but she too was convinced I didn't have the disease. I am suffering right now and don't know what to do. The er also put me on a ativan to calm me down and prescribed me vistaril. The medications don't seem to be working that well. I also can't remember if I slept at all last night as every thing was a blur. This could have been a side effect of being on ativan and vistaril at the same time but the drug don't react to other. Also whilst typing this up I made frequent mistakes and typed things twice. I just want to be fine but things are looking bleak.

jojo0328
24-02-18, 14:55
Well, I'm a new mom and you could tell me something and I wouldnt remember it 5 minutes later. I would have to think long and hard about what I did 2 hours ago. I may or may not remember what it was. I am (obviously) sleep deprived haha. That is probably where some of the symptoms are coming in.

PlsNoMore
24-02-18, 15:14
Also the sudden onset of my anxiety lines up with the early symptoms of Sporadic CJD.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

I also have a question, does derealization cause memory issues as well?

MyNameIsTerry
25-02-18, 02:18
Mental health disorders cause various problems with cognition. Memory is a known thing that is affected by them. Serotonin is used in memory and that's something many of us can be low in.

You will see so many memory worry threads on NMP. I've been through loads of memory issues myself. It's hard not to find your thinking affected by a daily onslaught of horrible symptoms.

DP/DR tend to occur at higher states or panic & anxiety. At higher states of panic & anxiety you can find yourself struggling with lots of stuff and your twitches get worse.