PDA

View Full Version : What triggers the anxiety for you?

AnxietyFreak31
23-02-18, 23:30
Sorry if this isn't the right place (?)

What exactly triggers the anxiety? An activity? Maybe lyrics in a song?

Curious.

And when that does happen, what helps you battle the anxiety?

becca98
23-02-18, 23:31
I find that when I see stories about certain illnesses or people my own age dying of a certain illness it triggers my anxiety ... I have learned not to read into the articles now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckelley116
24-02-18, 15:25
Wish I knew! My dad has HA so I guess it runs in the family, but I never had any issues until about 12 years ago when I developed a rash on my leg and convinced myself I had HIV. Once I got over that fear I was fine until 2014 when it was discovered that my place of employment had (unbeknownst to me) been having me lie to a government agency for them for almost the whole time I worked there. Convinced I’d be going to federal prison, the stress triggered fears of a brain tumor that hung on long after it was made clear to me that I’d drastically overreacted. Then it was lung cancer, jaw cancer, anal cancer (that was a fun one) and more with very few breaks in between. Then I was good for about a year, until I saw a hand surgeon last fall for what I assumed would be routine treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, but he told me my tendons were involved and I probably had an inflammatory disease. Thanks to him, for the last 3 months I’ve been convinced I have rheumatoid arthritis. And since a doctor is the one who put this in my head, rather than my own ill-advised Googling, it isn’t going away.

AnxietyFreak31
24-02-18, 22:10
Wish I knew! My dad has HA so I guess it runs in the family, but I never had any issues until about 12 years ago when I developed a rash on my leg and convinced myself I had HIV. Once I got over that fear I was fine until 2014 when it was discovered that my place of employment had (unbeknownst to me) been having me lie to a government agency for them for almost the whole time I worked there. Convinced I’d be going to federal prison, the stress triggered fears of a brain tumor that hung on long after it was made clear to me that I’d drastically overreacted. Then it was lung cancer, jaw cancer, anal cancer (that was a fun one) and more with very few breaks in between. Then I was good for about a year, until I saw a hand surgeon last fall for what I assumed would be routine treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, but he told me my tendons were involved and I probably had an inflammatory disease. Thanks to him, for the last 3 months I’ve been convinced I have rheumatoid arthritis. And since a doctor is the one who put this in my head, rather than my own ill-advised Googling, it isn’t going away.

"having me lie to a government agency for them" Holy shit.

ckelley116
24-02-18, 22:34
"having me lie to a government agency for them" Holy shit.

Right??

Fortunately I got out of there, and they’ll cease to exist by the time this year is up. I was very lucky.

eminence
25-02-18, 12:10
Hearing cases of people having diseases they didn't know about until it was "too late" and if they had detected it earlier by not ignoring subtle symptoms it could have been treated better or even cured. Now THAT'S rattling.

AnxietyMom5
25-02-18, 13:37
Symptoms that "could" be something serious is what triggers my anxiety. I don't handle symptoms well at all.

Sammyeb27
27-02-18, 06:07
Literally anything that could be cancer triggers my anxiety.. so basically everything. No matter what you look up there's several life threatening causes and even if the doctor isn't concerned I feel like it's still a possibility

Mummybee
27-02-18, 07:30
Any changes in my body that are not obviously benign

unsure_about_this
27-02-18, 08:08
Symptoms I get, even though I did it in the past a lot Dr Google (worked once when I had a dental problem) Daily Mail health section for example this person went to the doctor 20 times to be told it not serious and probably IBS and it turned it to be cancer and person died.

Mummybee
27-02-18, 09:09
Showers
Because I’m scared of finding things that might be “wrong”