PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Smoking

Zek
06-07-07, 20:50
I'm curious to know how many people smoke who suffer from Anxiety and or Panic Attacks.

I'm trying to figure out if smoking 'could' contribute to ones anxiety / panic attacks.

Lindalou64
06-07-07, 21:21
Yes Im Guilty I Smoke And Its Killing Me Im Sure It Does Contribute To The Anxiety I Read Some Where, But Ive Noticed The Last Couple Of Months When I Lay Down I Have A Hard Time Breathing So I Get Up So Early Cause Once My Eyes Open The Breathing Starts To Act Up So I Get Up And Move Around And Then Im Back To Normal I Dunno If Im Having Anxiety In My Sleep Waking Me Or If It Is The Cigs Prob Both..............linda X

blackie
07-07-07, 11:27
Hiya
I use to smoke and quit this january. I acctually feel alot better now i dont smoke and its one less thing to worry about. I dont know if there is a link or not. Ive smoked and had anxiety and i am now a non smoker and have anxiety. But i do feel so much healthier now i have quit.
Take care
Blackie

anxious
07-07-07, 13:37
I stopped smoking 4 years ago and have found its made no difference to my anxiety apart from like Blackie says its one less thing to worry about.

anx x