PDA

View Full Version : Hypoglycemia

laurenJF
24-02-18, 22:13
Hi everyone. I’m really confused about wether I have Hypoglycemia or not? I started feeling shaky a lot about 6 months ago. I had my sugar level checked after not eating for 12 hours and it was 4.7, doc said normal range. I’ve had random blood sugar checks and they’ve always been normal and the latest one was when I went to a walk in centre for some issues I was having she checked my blood sugar then and I’d not eaten in 4 hours and it was 5.5. She said still normal. I’m confused because I feel shaky a lot but I don’t get any other symptoms at all. Apart from feeling anxious when I’m shaky because I suffer from anxiety and everything sets me off. I have been tested for diabetes and I don’t have that either so I’m not sure what’s going on!!

Catherine S
25-02-18, 00:12
Hi Lauren, you may not have hypoglycaemia at all...particularly if your blood sugar results are always within the normal range. I suffered with these very low energy, shaky episodes throughout my 30s, 40s and part of my 50s and in the end it was put down to a hormone imbalance. I'm in my 60s now and since the menopause I hardly ever get these episodes to be honest, so I guess for me this actually was the reason.

When you had the clear blood test results for hypoglycaemia, did they not tell you what they thought it could be instead?

Tom Worried
28-02-18, 12:52
also low calorie intake or just not eating enough or getting enough vitamins are all possibilities

that and anxiety can cause these feelings alone where u feel tired and shaky its a known side effect among the many others

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fruitandnutlover
01-03-18, 10:36
I get this too. The only way I can describe it is that it feels as though I’ve had a big shock. I feel weak, inner shakiness and really tired. I feel I need to eat something at that time too. It’s random and I can get it at different times, regardless if I’ve eaten or not!