PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if I need to go to urgent care

nosrednanagem
25-02-18, 14:55
So, I started getting a sore throat about two days ago. Yesterday the soreness went away, but the chest congestion and difficulty breathing, stuffy/runny nose began last night. I barely got any sleep because I couldn't breathe. I don't have a temperature at all, no body aches. Just the chest and face stuff. I'm starting to freak out thinking that it's the flu, and that's why I can't breathe! UGH help me out here.

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 15:21
You'd be really sick (fever, aches etc.) if it were the flu. Try Mucinex for the congestion. If the mucous continues to be an issue and/or is green/yellow, it could be a sign of infection. If it doesn't resolve in a week or so call your doctor but I don't think it warrants a visit to urgent care.

Positive thoughts

nosrednanagem
25-02-18, 15:29
Thanks so much for your reply! I keep telling myself that I don't have a temp, or the body aches, just more of the sinus stuff. This stuffy nose is no joke though! I don't think I have ever had it this bad! So uncomfortable

NervUs
25-02-18, 17:18
I would not go to urgent care for that. Sounds like you have a cold and a stuffed up nose. That's it.

Carys
25-02-18, 17:55
Sounds like a bad cold really. Even if it WAS flu, you don't need to go to urgent care.

nosrednanagem
25-02-18, 19:02
So I thought it was just a cold, I mean, it could still be. But, I took my temp and it was elevated, and I'm starting to get some little body aches. WHY am I so scared of it being the flu?! I'm absolutely terrified! I've been staying on top of taking ibuprofen, and drinking tons of water. Guys, I'm going bat **** crazy over here.

Carys
25-02-18, 19:04
You are scared because the media has hyped you all up over there :winks: We've had loads of flu threads on here, and loads of people who have had flu....and not lost one of them :D:D:D

pulisa
25-02-18, 19:26
Over here we're more in the grip of the Killer Chiller or the Beast from the East aka Winter weather. Flu obsession appears to have taken a back seat for the time being.

nosrednanagem
25-02-18, 20:20
Haha I would much rather have cold weather than whatever I have right now!

meant2live
25-02-18, 20:57
Maybe some Vick’s vapor rub would help. Also, have you tried a sinus rinse with distilled water?

Carys
25-02-18, 21:13
Haha I would much rather have cold weather than whatever I have right now! Well, you say that.....but when we have 2 cms of snow our entire infrastructure will grind to a halt. I say grind, that makes it sound like a slow progressive faliure, but it will happen within about 15 minutes of the snow arriving. We will all be marooned on motorways, stuck at airports, have our heating break down, our cars stuck on our driveways or even WORSE get stuck at work! The 2 snowploughs which the country shares will be stuck in Yorkshire or something and won't be able to move because of the snow. We will be unable to navigate our slippery pavements, have to fight to get basic grocery supplies (because everyone has decided to stock up incase another 2 mm of snow gets added to the total and lorries don't get through until Spring - which as it happens will only be three days later!) and generally we won't cope. Wellies will need to be dusted off and the snow shovels that we got 10 years ago will have to be rediscovered in some distant garage location, which will probably involve injury in ladder use, reaching, stretching and yanking. Then of course there is the fact that we will need to endlessly talk about the weather, which is draining. It's not good. If you don't hear from us in 7 days time, then we have all perished.

In our defense, our weather is so diverse and changeable we simply can't be well set up for everything and it seems - anything.

(I LOVE it myself, fingers crossed for SNOOOWWW)

MyNameIsTerry
26-02-18, 02:31
Over here we're more in the grip of the Killer Chiller or the Beast from the East aka Winter weather. Flu obsession appears to have taken a back seat for the time being.

Whatever happened to the earlier "Thundersnow"? I can't see Tom Jones belting that one out now though..."Thundersnooooooowwwwww" :D