PDA

View Full Version : I Think I saw blood in my stool. Panicking

AnxietyMom5
25-02-18, 14:59
I posted an intro post yesterday and explained my extreme fear of colon cancer because I had a benign polyp removed in April 2014.

I just had a BM and it appeared to have a darker red looking mucous on it. I know it's gross but I touched he mucous with toilet paper and on the toilet paper it didn't really look red. It looked more like a brownish/yellow.

I actually just had a FIT test done by my doctors office Thursday and both stool samples were negative for blood. I'm still in a huge panick though.

AnxietyMom5
25-02-18, 15:00
I posted a picture of what I think could be blood?? Thoughts??

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 15:14
Ahhh Lindsay... I recall you from AZ and I'm sure you recall me. I can't bring myself to look at the photo :scared15: Why people post pics of poo and other things is beyond me :huh: That being said, blood would be obvious. Either bright red from fissures or hemmies or black like tar and very foul smelling from something internal. Otherwise it's normal to have mucous sometimes, especially with IBS or other bowel issues. You've been tested and it was negative so you have your answer.

Positive thoughts and poo threads :winks:

AnxietyMom5
25-02-18, 15:37
Yes I remember you. Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a poo picture but it was a picture of the mucous. Still gross I know.

Anyways I have been doing MUST better since my AZ days. I am medicated and for the most part doing very well however I am still me and still battle my anxiety demons from time to time.

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 15:54
Anyways I have been doing MUST better since my AZ days. I am medicated and for the most part doing very well however I am still me and still battle my anxiety demons from time to time.

You fought tooth and nail about getting help in any form so I'm really glad to hear about the meds and the positive effect they've had. For many, they are a life saver and with your situation with your family, I'm sure it has been a real positive and allowed you to be the wife and Mom you want to be for them. Did you ever go to therapy?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
25-02-18, 15:58
I posted a picture of what I think could be blood?? Thoughts??

I have removed the picture as it is not appropriate.
That is just mucus from IBS at a guess.

AnxietyMom5
25-02-18, 17:59
You fought tooth and nail about getting help in any form so I'm really glad to hear about the meds and the positive effect they've had. For many, they are a life saver and with your situation with your family, I'm sure it has been a real positive and allowed you to be the wife and Mom you want to be for them. Did you ever go to therapy?

Positive thoughts

Fish - I did do therapy for a while. Thanks for asking. Medication has been a total life changer for me and I am so thankful I decided to take it!

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

So I went and picked up an at home FOBT from the drugstore and I had another BM and the test was totally negative. I'm not sure how much they should be trusted and I thought I saw the reddish brown substance on the stool so maybe it is just normal colon mucous that is giving the appearance of being a reddish color!

I'm trying to relax