PDA

View Full Version : Did I have a mild heart attack?

Rey1989
25-02-18, 19:02
Hey everyone,

So last night I was having an argument with my girlfriend and at one point I felt chest tightness that travelled up my meck to my jaw, I have never felt that before, it lasted for a bit but after I calmed down I couldnt feel it anymore. Today i went to do groceries, and it was all fine, but as soon as I got home I felt the exact same thing, chest tightness and preassure traveling up my neck to my jaw with a sensation of numbness... does this sound like a heart attack? Or heart related? Recently I discvered I have high cholesterol and triglycerides, although ive already dropped 7 pounds and I am taking meds for this...

Im a 29 yo male.

Thanks.

Rey

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Its all on my left side fyi

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 19:04
As it was a direct result of a stressful situation, no. I know you'll say "but it happened again and I was just shopping".

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
25-02-18, 19:07
Hey everyone,

So last night I was having an argument with my girlfriend and at one point I felt chest tightness that travelled up my meck to my jaw, I have never felt that before, it lasted for a bit but after I calmed down I couldnt feel it anymore.

says it all really...... it calmed down when you did.. I would say stress and anxiety, even if the 2nd episode.

If you are worried make an appt with your dr.... but in answer to your title.... nope you didn't

Rey1989
25-02-18, 19:18
It could be just tension, but I’ve never had this feeling before. The fact that its on my left side is whats freaking me out.

And yes, it happened again, out of the blue today... but if it continues I guess I’ll make a trip down to the ER...

pulisa
25-02-18, 19:28
Why?

Rey1989
25-02-18, 19:33
Why?

???

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 19:36
And yes, it happened again, out of the blue today... but if it continues I guess I’ll make a trip down to the ER...

As a two time heart attack survivor, there was no doubt something was terribly wrong. You wouldn't be here asking and waiting around for replies of reassurance if it were that concerning.

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
25-02-18, 21:01
Thats true.

I guess its something normal when youre under stress and tension... still terrifying...

I still think its concering but im trying my best to stay cool

Rey

Halle0587
26-02-18, 00:56
Left jaw, left shoulder, left side of my neck, left arm. ALWAYS happen when I’m stressed out. I posted here last night scared my son and I were coming down with the flu, boom...today I have left jaw pain in random spurts and left arm is giving me a weird sensation. I’m calming myself by telling myself I’m okay, it’s my body’s natural reaction to the stress of an event that caused fear for me.

Try some meditation-15 minutes is good. Also, distract yourself. It’ll probably happen for a few days until you keep yourself good and distracted. Also, for reassurance make an appointment with your GP. Just to explain the event. If you’ve never had an ekg or anything they may do it just to check things out. It’ll give you peace of mind. That will really help it stop happening. However, when it happens again don’t second guess the doctor. Easier said than done, I know.

Rey1989
26-02-18, 13:54
Left jaw, left shoulder, left side of my neck, left arm. ALWAYS happen when I’m stressed out. I posted here last night scared my son and I were coming down with the flu, boom...today I have left jaw pain in random spurts and left arm is giving me a weird sensation. I’m calming myself by telling myself I’m okay, it’s my body’s natural reaction to the stress of an event that caused fear for me.

Try some meditation-15 minutes is good. Also, distract yourself. It’ll probably happen for a few days until you keep yourself good and distracted. Also, for reassurance make an appointment with your GP. Just to explain the event. If you’ve never had an ekg or anything they may do it just to check things out. It’ll give you peace of mind. That will really help it stop happening. However, when it happens again don’t second guess the doctor. Easier said than done, I know.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I am feeling much better today, it has subsided almost entirely. If it does happen again I will make an appointment for sure... just for peace of mind!

Rey