PDA

View Full Version : Prozac

blackie
07-07-07, 11:16
Hiya
I was wondering if anyone has come off prozac. Its not doing me any good so i am cutting down and hopefully can stop.
Any advice will be great
Blackie

nomorepanic
07-07-07, 12:26
I just stopped taking it one day after being on it for about 10 months. It is not recommended you do this by the way!

I felt worse for a week or so but nothing major.

Have a look at the previous posts for this as well.

blackie
07-07-07, 14:53
Hiya
thanks Nicola. :hugs: I have only been taking it for about 6-8months.
Think i will cut down to one tablet then stop. So far feeling fine:yesyes:
Blackie

Sax
07-07-07, 18:33
BLACKIE, i don't take prozac but have a friend who wants to cut down, she is on 20mg od but over weekend has done every other day until she speaks to dr. I will let you know her recommendation when i find out. she is speaking to dr on monday, you will do it with drs approval won't u cos you may need their support.

good luck love i hope to cut down my anti Ds soon but not quite the right time yet, but all the best cos you sound in right frame to do it. Remember it takes a while to build up in ur system so will do the same to reduce but however you decide to do it, stick to it, i'm in awe of you trying and hope you succeed to get off them but you haven't failed if you don't, think of it that it will happen at the right time for you.

kittykat
08-07-07, 12:13
Hi Blackie ,
just thought i'd wish you good luck , i am currently on 40mg at the mo , but the doctor wants to cut me back to 20mg now, i'm a bit apprehensive as to coming off them altogether as they have helped me quite a lot.

xx

blackie
08-07-07, 12:52
Hiya
i was on 40 kitty kat but have cut down to 20 and then hop to stop. I feel awake for the first time in ages. Prozac made me so sleepy all the time. I could spend all day and night in bed. Hope it goes well for you when you cut down. I was apprehensive about comeing off the meds too.

Sax, i am being very naughty and havnt told my doctor. Last time i saw him he was abit sharp with me so i dont really want to go back. still i am doing it in a safe way and i have my rents for support.

Blackie

blackie
10-07-07, 09:38
Hiya
Its now day 3 of cutting down and am feeling great. Even had the motervation to do some exercise this morning :yesyes: and am now sitting down to a ton of revision:weep: :weep:
Blackie

blackie
16-07-07, 18:47
Hiya
I feel really crap today. I have gone really depressed and feel all worked up. I have taken another tablet. Maybe i am not ready to come off them yet. When i was on the higher dose i was stable and now i remember wot its like to feel that heavy sluggish depression, i think it did help. I guess i just have to get through this evning, get an early night and hope i feel better in a few days.
Blackie

Sax
17-07-07, 14:17
Blackie, my friend was told by taking 20mg every other day was the way to do it but I guess only you know whether its the right time or not. As you can see the boss said she felt worse for a week, don't forget it will take a while to reduce and my friend was told at least a month on the every other day dose.
Good luck with it but no shame if you have to stay on the 20mg /day for a while longer. Just keep the dose regular whatever you do and you will get there whether now or in a yr or 10yrs if you know what I mean.

:hugs: Sax xx btw sorry you feel so low, its a horrid feeling I know, can empathise with you hun.

blackie
17-07-07, 14:22
Hiya
Thanks sax. Just had a bad day yesterday i think. I am going to stay on the lower dose and like you said, i might have to stay on it abit longer.
Many thanks
Blackie