PDA

View Full Version : lungs feel wierd and i'm so worried and anxious !!!

Moonlitt
25-02-18, 21:47
lately my mental health hasn't been very good due to what happened in my life, i was really depressed and now i'm anxious. i have this cough, sometimes it's just normal and i just cought, but a lot of the time i feel like there's something in my lungs and i make myself cough, i have to force it.. and when i breathe in very deeply i can feel something in my lungs for like a second, like a rattling or something, and that also makes me cough. . i don't think i have any other symptoms and i am very anxious about it. my little brother currently has pneumonia and i feel like this could maybe be pneumonia too? it's stressing me out! i have so much stress right now so can someone help me out? is this anything serious? i'm guessing i should go to the doctor but i really want answers?

Fishmanpa
25-02-18, 22:30
I'm sorry for what happened. Losing a parent at 15 is traumatic. I would see your doctor but not for the reasons you fear. Ask about grief counseling and therapy for your HA. You're too young to be held captive by the dragon.

Positive thoughts

NervUs
25-02-18, 22:58
It might be a good idea to see a doctor. You didn't mention if you have been sick recently? Or how long this has been around? If you have been sick, the gunk in your lungs could just be left over from a virus, or it could be bronchitis, neither of which are really all that worrisome in someone your age.

Pneumonia, of course, can be more serious and it is sometimes contagious, but I would think you would have other symptoms.

Over the summer, I had a cough which was very much like yours- sometimes dry, but some of the time I could feel specific congestion in spots. It was just a lingering virus in my case, and I have asthma so sometimes that stuff sticks around for me.

THe bottom line is that it's not very likely to be serious. When it's serious, there are usually other signs, and you don't have them so that's great!

I don't know your backstory, but I see you lost your parents. I am so sorry that you have to go through that loss. Who is taking care of you now? I would just mention that you are feeling gunk in your lungs and, if you still have the cough at three weeks, then ask to see the doctor. Sometimes, a person needs an inhaler or steroids to get over a cough-- that has become the story of my life. But all very manageable.

Moonlitt
25-02-18, 23:30
yes i just lost my dad. and i feel like i'm reacting to this in a strange way and my anxiety is constantly making it worse, it's really hard for me and my family.. thankyou for the reply though, i'll see how it goes but i haven't recently had any other sickness and today was like the first day that i have the feeling in my lungs even though i've had a slight cough for the last couple of days. but thankyou for calming me down abit.

bin tenn
26-02-18, 03:27
Sorry to hear of your loss. That's not easy no matter what age. I lost my dad in August '14, I was 27 - still one of the hardest things I've dealt with in life. I hope you can soon overcome your loss.

I get what you're saying, the "rattling" or however you want to describe it. No idea what it's about, but it's happened to me for a long time now. I've never thought much of it, and my doc has never mentioned it when listening at my routine appointments. As it's been said, maybe seek some grief counseling or similar to help you come with your loss.

Moonlitt
28-02-18, 00:01
thankyou so much, the cough thing is a little bit better and i'm calmer about it now.
and yes, i really want to find someone professional to talk to like a counsellor because i really don't know is it's normal for me to feel the way i'm feeling.