PDA

View Full Version : Back pain heart worries

LF87
26-02-18, 09:16
Hi,
Last night I got some pain in my upper back and ribs and I still have it a bit today. I'm really freaking out it's my heart. I'm at work at a new place today and anxiety is sky high. I want to go home. Could it be my heart?
Please help
Thanks

countrygirl
26-02-18, 11:20
There are a million other none serious causes - if you are over 50 with history of smoking obesity etc then hear would be a bit higher up the list!
Anxiety tenses muscles especially chest muscles which includes upper back and ribs. Heartburn and indigestion can also cause pain in this area.

LF87
27-02-18, 12:54
Thanks country girl. I'm still very worried today. It's coming on every now and then like a bit of a dull ache in my upper back. I'm at work again and starting to panic. My face looks a bit flushed too.
Should I be worried? It's not like a squeezing pain or particularly high in terms of a pain scale, more of a nag pain. Please help me rationalise

jrcoleman
27-02-18, 19:28
Sounds like stress tension. I get that where my back will hurt and it wraps all the way around to my chest. The muscles in your back go all the way around to the front. Feel around, stress tension will cause a physical muscle pain, whereas if it were your heart you would feel the pain much deeper. When I get them I check my shoulders and back to see if I am tensing them, and 9 out 10 times, I am. Try dropping your shoulders and see if that helps. If it does, then you know it is just stress.

Elen
27-02-18, 19:38
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen