PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of drug worrying me

countrygirl
26-02-18, 10:12
Or should i say worrying if they are side effects or something else. Started verapamil for my svt attacks 18 days ago. Constipation is most common side effect. I have never had trouble going to loo. Always 3-4 times a day. I am still going as much sometimes more but its very hard to go as so solid. I also have constant abdominal aches. I am also feeling shivery in my back all the time. That feeling they describe as someone walking over your grave. I have had this before in the past but not every day like now. My temp is completely normal. Again a listed side effect is chills.
I dont want to stop pill as its helping. Am seeing dr today but so fed up of constant worrying!

pulisa
26-02-18, 13:03
Is the drug controlling your svt attacks though? Sometimes you just have to choose one set of symptoms over another, hard as that may be. You could always get some lactulose/stool softener or something like movicol/laxido otc. I suppose the priority is your heart with your GP. I hope your appointment gives you an opportunity to talk to your doctor about your worries.

countrygirl
26-02-18, 14:33
I am beginning to wonder of i have some bug as the day this started i woke up with very very hoarse voice and tickly cough and felt like i was getting a cold or virus. By teatime my voice was back and cough went but i noticed niggly abdo ache once or twice. It really kicked in the next day plus feeling sickly and these shivers.
Will see what dr thinks but i do feel unwell.