PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Quivering

FreakOutQueen
26-02-18, 17:29
Hi there, yesterday I went to examine my throat because it hurt and when I stuck out my tongue it was shaking like crazy, which got me freaked out about bulbar onset ALS. Things have been so good with me. Most of my other twitching has stopped, but i'm very very worried about this. I looked at my friends tongue and hers shakes too when she sticks it out, but my wife's doesn't. I am freaking out :(

nomorepanic
26-02-18, 17:40
So it is probably normal then if someone else's does it.

Elen
26-02-18, 18:34
Please post this on your previous post on the same subject as per the below post from Admin.

Can posters please keep their posts to one thread

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

FreakOutQueen
28-02-18, 19:57
I’ve never posted about a quivering tongue before :-(?

Fishmanpa
28-02-18, 20:25
I’ve never posted about a quivering tongue before :-(?

You've been posting about twitching and related symptoms since last fall :blush:

Positive thoughts

jojo2316
28-02-18, 21:05
Mind does too

BazB44
28-02-18, 21:28
My tongue always feels weird. But once i talk it seems fine.

worriermama
01-03-18, 16:56
My tongue quivers and I get actual small twitches in my tongue too. I have been down the ALS -worries path. It's not fun. I've been an all-over twitcher since college (I'm 34) and it's been especially bad for the past year (stressful year). I twitch every day but I've finally accepted that I just have an excitable nervous system due to anxiety. Don't examine your tongue. Tongues are weird. What you are describing sounds normal.

BazB44
01-03-18, 19:03
when im not talking, mouth closed....my tongue often seems to be quivering around inside my mouth lol. its a strange feeling, but then once I talk to someone wherever I go, it seems fine. if I look at my tongue it looks fine except for the scalloped stuff on the side from teeth. the tongue is a big thing for me too, and ive been twitchy since college or younger and im 32. today I feel all over trembly and dizzy, but I try hard to accept it as anxiety.

FreakOutQueen
01-03-18, 21:02
Thanks for all your replies! My tongue is scalloped as well on the sides and when I stick it out there are places where it looks like it’s vibrating or quivering. It’s weird and I’ve read that can be an ominous sign. Fishmanpa, I have actually been complaining about twitching for longer - since May ;-). I have been doing so well until noticing this new and scary symptom :-(. It’s so weird!!!!

ChocolateButton
01-03-18, 21:21
Husband and dogs are currently wondering why I'm sitting here randomly sticking my tongue out but I can confirm that mine twitches a bit when I stick it out. Never realised it until just now.

Isn't it just cos the tongue is like a sort of muscley thing (do you like my advanced medical terminology there) and you're stretching it which causes it to tremble? (I'm sure there's a proper term for that, I know what I'm trying to say but I can't think how to describe it). Like when you exercise and your legs tremble if you've overdone it.

BazB44
01-03-18, 23:11
ominous? First off I think its a real bad idea for people to come onto these forums and say things like "I read that...", "I read an article that said...", because it can set others off. Im sure somewhere out there, theres an article saying a person died after eating a banana. Does that mean we shouldn't eat them? Lol.

Secondly, anxiety can cause ANY physical symptom. My anxiety has been so bad I couldn't function. I could barely walk, talk, see properly....in the past.

FreakOutQueen
02-03-18, 00:45
Fair enough. And I know Dr. google is the worst! Sorry if I triggered anyone!