PDA

View Full Version : HOCD Update: No Anxiety.

marywithanxiety
26-02-18, 21:34
So, I've been struggling with a very horrible HOCD.
I didn't even know I had OCD until this happened to me, 7 months ago.
Yesterday, I had the worst day of all. I had to be among women of my family all day and I've never been so stressed and so frustrated.
I had a dream the night before that I was being assaulted again by my best friend (a girl). So I spent my entire day flinching and terrified, focusing my thoughts on men as much as I could until I start thinking that thinking too much about guys is being butch and meaning I like girls which I believe is a part of the HOCD.

Last night, I exploded.
My abdomen was hurting, I had a full panic attack and my sister (who is training to be a neuropsychologist but its still graduating as a psychologist) tells me that i had some hidden personality that I had to let show. A personality I do not have plesure on thinking about and I can assure her that if that assault hadnt had happened, I would be okay, thinking about guys and loving my own self as a person. But I don't think she takes effort in actually analizing my thoughts and I don't know how to explain them.

Okay, i completely lost my point here
Hm..
Yes, well I had a panic attack and my mother kept on and on about how she will still love me if i had this personality which i do not and i started to cry and freak out.
Then my mom said something that really resonated with me which was:
"A person who is, does not doubt about it".

And that gave me the reassurance I was so desperate to find so I could sleep. But I was still crying, because I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror, which means the OCD hasnt gone away.
Medicated with herbal anti-anxiety pills, and uncomfortable with my mother's hug, I managed to fall asleep. (Not after throwing up).
I did however find a page called Mood Smith about HOCD. And it explains what it is, why did it form, and symptoms, compulsions, etc. And it did calm me down.

However, I woke up this morning feeling extremely unsafe? And like I had no control, like as if everything was starting all over again? And I don't feel any anxiety and my crotch sensations are coming back.

What does this mean?

Juustopallo
27-02-18, 14:56
It seems like your sister has no understanding on ocd. She's probably into freudian school of psychology. Cbt is the only scientifically proven treatment or ocd. Don't care about what she said. You can carry this uncertainty of maybe being a homosexual with you. You will learn to handle uncertainty in a much healthier way and focus on your real life, not on your worries! If you need help, you can always pm me! I've gotten so much help from the internet. Google Mark Freeman and OCD Treated! Those are my go to guys!