PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a brain tumor

Hypo27
26-02-18, 23:11
The past month I’ve been having increasing headaches. With my other symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, and feeling off balance. I’ve also been having a lot of blurry vision which are sure signs of this.. I’ve had a few head CT’s over the past couple years which I know puts off radiation.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Could this be a brain tumor?

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

I’m really worried the nausea has been a brain tumor this whole time.. I’m feeling really weak and shaky today and getting burning sensations in my arms 😩

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 00:17
Are you now moving on to a new cancer hypo?

It doesn't sound like a tumour it sounds like anxiety.

What help are you now getting for that?

Carys
27-02-18, 08:30
Wow, oeasophagus cancer, bladder cancer and brain tumour simultaneously.....and still managing to get to work.

Hypo, until you deal with your true problem here (which is NOT physical) you are going to be plagued with this awful problem.

utrocket09
27-02-18, 11:08
Weren't you just worried about esophageal cancer? When my aunt fond out she had cancer, she was much sicker than you are. Stop with this silliness.

Hypo27
27-02-18, 15:25
Well I can assure you that the daily nausea for sure isn’t anxiety it’s definitely some type of cancer causing it.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

My mouth constantly feels with saliva with the nausea this is something bad..

Fishmanpa
27-02-18, 15:34
Being a survivor, there are certain protocols and procedures that have to take place. Since you're convinced as you've been with EC and the other cancers you've been sure you've had, you need to see your doctor. At that point, if warranted, you will be referred for testing. When you're diagnosed, I recommend finding a CCC (Certified Cancer Center) near you. There, you'll be examined and a plan of action will be put into place to treat you.

It's not pleasant in the least but it's certainly doable as I can attest to. Let us know how things are going Ok B?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 15:39
Well I can assure you that the daily nausea for sure isn’t anxiety it’s definitely some type of cancer causing it.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

My mouth constantly feels with saliva with the nausea this is something bad..
Ok well best start getting treatment for the cancer then :yesyes:

Hypo27
27-02-18, 18:30
I knew something has been wrong these past few months. I would have never dreamed it would be brain cancer... It does make sense though headaches head pressure nausea vision issues balance problems... It’s probably so advanced at this point beyond any treatment :(.

Carys
27-02-18, 18:35
I knew something has been wrong these past few months. I would have never dreamed it would be brain cancer... It does make sense though headaches head pressure nausea vision issues balance problems... It’s probably so advanced at this point beyond any treatment :(.

Can't find an emoji, so insert HUGE EYE ROLLING.

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 18:39
Well the sooner you get it diagnosed the better the treatment will work.

What are you going to do now ? See a doctor and tell them your worries?

Hypo27
27-02-18, 18:42
Well the sooner you get it diagnosed the better the treatment will work.

What are you going to do now ? See a doctor and tell them your worries?

I’m probably not gonna do anything. If it’s meant to be this way then so be it. I’m tired of worrying

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 19:06
Ok well fair enough. Sounds like a good plan to me as well. See what happens.

jrcoleman
27-02-18, 19:18
This too shall pass. I have the same symptoms you are referring to and it isn't brain cancer. It is a pain in the ass to say the least, but don't frighten yourself beyond what it really is.

It sounds like you have some serious sinus issues, which are nothing to laugh at either, but they are not life threatening, just life limiting. Hang in there and you will be witness to your incredible body healing itself, then you will wonder what the heck all the commotion was about.

You can try steam and a netti pot to see if that helps relieve your symptoms (steam will help with the headache and netti pot is good for clearing out the sinus cavities). Just don't over do it. I steam maybe every other day for 15 minutes and only use the netti pot every other day with warm distilled water (not tap water). All in all, I bet your symptoms relieve themselves within a couple of months when the weather changes. :)

Hypo27
27-02-18, 19:31
Well that would make sense but I’m also nauseous all the time too.

jrcoleman
27-02-18, 20:03
Nausea is the drainage that you don't notice flowing down your throat into your stomach. When it gets thick you will notice it, but when it is just a thin layer it seeps into your stomach making you feel generally ill constantly. It sucks, but I always lose weight this time of year.

Hypo27
27-02-18, 20:29
Also the head pressure I’m feeling isn’t like sinus pressure it’s like my head will explode but it’s not painful it’s just a pressure. I also keep hearing popping sounds like fluid in the back of my head maybe Spinal fluid?

Carys
27-02-18, 20:34
I’m tired of worrying

You don't see tired of worrying Hypo, in only a very short period of time you are back to making some incredible assumptions.

Hypo27
27-02-18, 22:22
You don't see tired of worrying Hypo, in only a very short period of time you are back to making some incredible assumptions.

Pretty likely assumptions at this point..

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 22:34
Yes so you keep saying so not sure why we need to know about it as you are not going to do anything about it.

ServerError
27-02-18, 23:07
So you've decided you've got cancer and aren't going to do anything about it.

What do you want from us?

AntsyVee
28-02-18, 02:06
So you've decided you've got cancer and aren't going to do anything about it.

What do you want from us?

^^^

B, your name is "Hypo" for a reason. Remember the ALS debacle?

utrocket09
28-02-18, 10:36
I’m probably not gonna do anything. If it’s meant to be this way then so be it. I’m tired of worrying

You've got to be joking right? if you actually had cancer you would want treatment. You are being ridiculous

Carys
28-02-18, 10:47
Pretty likely assumptions at this point.. NO - absolutely RIDICULOUS conclusions to come to (borrowing the word from the poster above lol)! This is the first time I've ever used the word ridiculous on this forum, I don't believe in making judgements like this in general ,as if people are clearly mentally ill then its not helpful to them. However, I honestly think your HA is so out of control that the things you are saying are so bizzarre they need to be referenced as ridiculous.

jojo2316
28-02-18, 19:40
Actually I really sympathise with you. I often “have” three different cancers in one day and although on paper it seems ridiculous I have proper SCARY symptoms.
Today I have some sort of abdominal cancer- horrible weird pains and looking back I’m sure I’ve been having them for ages but have been ignoring due to other symptoms.
Anyway it feels so real. Even though from the outside it looks absurd.
I feel for you!!

Fishmanpa
28-02-18, 20:23
Frankly, as a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor, I find it insulting in a way when people insist they have it. They have NO idea at ALL what it's like or what it was like to battle the beast. I would have given my left testicle to have been told I was in the clear! So when I'm telling someone, "No, that's not the way it works" and they insist, I back off in lieu of getting my post deleted or getting banned from the thread.

FMP

Carys
28-02-18, 20:50
Jojo, it may 'feel real' but its not real, and that is the point that needs to be repeated. Then once that is accepted, its not scary. If you 'have' three cancers a day, then you need to think about why you are jumping to that conclusion about every minor ache and pain, and not reassuring yourself that they are benign and 'non scary'.

For example; I had a chest pain today on and off, left side, upper top. It was very sharp and went up my neck and across my left shoulder, for a fleeting moment I thought 'uh oh' that feels heart-like. Then I used some rationality - my heart rate was fine and steady, the pain seemed to change depending on breathing on that side (i.e. my chest rising and falling). It then occurred that two days before I had used my left arm and chest muscles to erect something which involved a lot of force and must have trapped some nerves. (Can't use my dominant right arm or chest muscles on that side as damaged). Lo and behold, 20 minutes later, it had gone after some massaging and rotation of my arm.

It takes hard work to retrain your thinking habits, it takes a lot of repetition and work to force yourself to think logically, rationally and not allowing your mind to go down the route of catastrophising. It took me a long time of 'dealing with it', reading cbt self-help and generally building the ability to view health fears with different eyes. I think 'three cancers a day' is really out of control. (particularly when the OP has two or three major life-limiting illnesses a month and has for years) I stand by that statement, and think it points to a serious need to try some cognitive behavioural therapy to work on the preoccupation with beliefs that benign and simple symptoms are serious illness.

Although I find it sad that someone like the OP is spending each and every day in a spiral of fear, wasting their life, I don't understand why after years of advice it is all ignored and they continue to do the easy thing and reenforce the wrong thinking habits. Surely, at some point those with HA want to get better, to throw off the fear and try to work on it ?

jojo2316
28-02-18, 21:04
I know, Carys, but it becomes so hard to see what’s real and what’s not when your hyper awareness means you are “bombarded” with symptoms.
It is clear to see (from outside Hypo’s head) that his struggle is with wonky perception and anxiety because, as fishman says “that’s not the way cancer works”; but from inside Hypo’s head it is far from clear. And it is PROPERLY SCARY. And I understand. That’s all

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

I am having cbt, btw. Really really hope it works!

Carys
28-02-18, 21:05
Yes, I see what you mean it is 'scary' in his head - but I find it hard to see why that thought pattern is repeated over and over and nothing is learnt from it and no choice is made to seek help for it. The list of illnesses he has 'had' in 12 months is astronomical and everyone has clearly stated that he needs help, but he just won't. That I don't understand.

Edited to add - just seen that you are having cbt, good for you! I think THAT is brave, that is hard; and whilst some people say people with HA are brave I think those who seek treatment are the brave ones, as its a tough thing to do and work on, taking lots of effort. :)

jojo2316
28-02-18, 21:16
Thank you carys. I was thinking about you today. How is your dad?
And Thank you for calling me brave but im really not. I recognise my problem, but always seem to “believe” every new symptom. (Because this time it MIGHT be real)

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

I actually wrote the list of illnesses I believed I had had in 2017 in an earlier thread (as well as the investigations I had had). I shocked even myself!
So Hypo I hear you!

Carys
28-02-18, 21:20
You were thinking of me ? How so ? :D:D:D

Dad is well, thanks for asking, he continues to astound after so many years in his condition.

Your self-awareness I guess is the critical thing, and maybe what some others are lacking meaning they don't seek help. I apologise if I came across as harsh towards you, that wasn't my intention, I am aware I sounded frustrated though. :winks:

jojo2316
28-02-18, 21:28
Just about you caring for you dad, which must be so hard, and then having to witness all us fruit loops on here obsessing about ALS...

Don’t worry about sounding frustrated- it’s a damn frustrating disorder!!!

Carys
28-02-18, 21:36
Ahhhhh, don't worry about it...I choose to be here....:roflmao:Its not a nice illness, theres no denying it, so fear of it is kind of understandable. I won't deny, I've had plenty of times when I've thought 'what if he has a genetic version'?

jojo2316
28-02-18, 21:41
Of course you do wonder. Anyone would. But nearly all cases of ALS are sporadic.
Do you suffer from anxiety Carys?

Carys
28-02-18, 22:03
Yes, absolutely I have done, very badly in teenage years and early 20s (hospitalised twice). However, I've was totally free of any anxiety for 18 years.....nothing.....not a glitch of any sort. Then perimeno started and some panic attacks, GA and HA started back up, but I've squashed them immediately. :winks: Now, I'm just hanging about here really :roflmao:

Carys
20-04-18, 12:03
I will update Hypo's thread for him - he had a brain scan and there was nothing there. Oooo that sounds wrong :roflmao:I mean nothing of any concern, nothing wrong.