PDA

View Full Version : Crippling anxiety to flying, need to fly international soon...

bas88
27-02-18, 04:34
Somebody please help me.

I have a crippling anxiety to : being too far away from home, heights, tight spaces, tunnels, elivators, ect and i have NEVER flown. I am being forced to fly on a 10 hour international flight next month and i am so scared i wont be able to get on the plane and leave my wife at the airport....

I have been prescribed beta blockers and valium but i am afraid 5 hours in i will have a terrible panic attack and i wont be able to get off the plane ... the very thought of thinking about this trip makes me nervious

I am going to try and do a small 40 minute flight next week but i fear if i get to the airport and i freak out i wont be able to do the big international one next month

Alexldn89
28-02-18, 07:06
You’ll be fine - take the diazepam an hour before and one when you get on, maybe have a drink and literally you’ll be fine. I was the same but I got on a plane in December when I was very stressed and I managed it fine.. once the control has been taken away from you and there is nothing you can do you actually start to settle.. for me it’s when you know you can get off that I start freaking out.. so don’t think about it to much literally just get on the plane and sit down get comfy.. have a window seat, that helped me as I felt at least I could see the wings .. etc then I promise it’ll get better